Lutger
May 08, 2009
Daniel Keep
May 09, 2009
Paul D. Anderson
May 09, 2009
Stewart Gordon
May 08, 2009
I found D is a wonderful programming language and start to use it in my projects. I use D2 now, but which is still unstable although it's version is D2.029. Can anyone tell me when D2 will be stable? Although D's using rate suffers sharp fall(shown in tiobe), I'll still believe that D will be better in future. But why does D fall down so much?

Thanks
May 08, 2009
zsxxsz wrote:
> I found D is a wonderful programming language and start to use it in my
> projects. I use D2 now, but which is still unstable although it's version is
> D2.029. Can anyone tell me when D2 will be stable? Although D's using rate
> suffers sharp fall(shown in tiobe), I'll still believe that D will be better
> in future. But why does D fall down so much?

The fall of D in Tiobe has to do with an issue in Yahoo's search engine. I have talked to a friend of mine who is a research scientist at Yahoo and he is looking into fixing the issue and also the fact that the top 3 results for "D programming" search are irrelevant.

Andrei
May 08, 2009
zsxxsz Wrote:

> I found D is a wonderful programming language and start to use it in my projects. I use D2 now, but which is still unstable although it's version is D2.029. Can anyone tell me when D2 will be stable? Although D's using rate suffers sharp fall(shown in tiobe), I'll still believe that D will be better in future. But why does D fall down so much?
> 
> Thanks

See thread http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=89528

May 08, 2009
Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> zsxxsz wrote:
>> I found D is a wonderful programming language and start to use it in my
>> projects. I use D2 now, but which is still unstable although it's version is
>> D2.029. Can anyone tell me when D2 will be stable? Although D's using rate
>> suffers sharp fall(shown in tiobe), I'll still believe that D will be better
>> in future. But why does D fall down so much?
> 
> The fall of D in Tiobe has to do with an issue in Yahoo's search engine. I have talked to a friend of mine who is a research scientist at Yahoo and he is looking into fixing the issue and also the fact that the top 3 results for "D programming" search are irrelevant.
> 
> Andrei

I don't trust TOIBE; no one should, it's just not reliable.
May 08, 2009
Reply to zsxxsz,

> I found D is a wonderful programming language and start to use it in
> my projects. I use D2 now, but which is still unstable although it's
> version is D2.029. Can anyone tell me when D2 will be stable? Although
> D's using rate suffers sharp fall(shown in tiobe), I'll still believe
> that D will be better in future. But why does D fall down so much?
> 
> Thanks
> 

"six to eight weeks" see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/719124/knowing-c-how-long-does-it-take-to-learn-java/719775#719775

(that's a joke BTW)

May 08, 2009
zsxxsz wrote:

> I found D is a wonderful programming language and start to use it in my projects. I use D2 now, but which is still unstable although it's version is D2.029. Can anyone tell me when D2 will be stable? Although D's using rate suffers sharp fall(shown in tiobe), I'll still believe that D will be better in future. But why does D fall down so much?
> 
> Thanks

Tiobe is like the astrology weekly news snippets: you know it's bullshit but you can't resist wanting to believe - until it brings bad news of course ;)

May 08, 2009
On Fri, 08 May 2009 13:00:33 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> The fall of D in Tiobe has to do with an issue in Yahoo's search engine. I have talked to a friend of mine who is a research scientist at Yahoo and he is looking into fixing the issue and also the fact that the top 3 results for "D programming" search are irrelevant.

Hmmm... maybe your friend has done something already. Yahoo search for "D Programming" (with quotes) is giving me 791K hits and the first three are www.digitalmars.com/d, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_programming_language, and en.wikibooks.org/wiki/D_Programming.

Looking good.

-- 
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia
May 08, 2009

Lutger wrote:
> zsxxsz wrote:
> 
>> I found D is a wonderful programming language and start to use it in my projects. I use D2 now, but which is still unstable although it's version is D2.029. Can anyone tell me when D2 will be stable? Although D's using rate suffers sharp fall(shown in tiobe), I'll still believe that D will be better in future. But why does D fall down so much?
>>
>> Thanks
> 
> 
> Tiobe is like the astrology weekly news snippets: you know it's bullshit but you can't resist wanting to believe - until it brings bad news of course ;)

Mrs O: What are you?

Mrs Trepidatious: I'm Nesbitt.

Mrs O: There's not a zodiacal sign called Nesbitt...

Mrs Trepidatious: All right, Derry and Toms.

Mrs O: (surveying paper) Aquarius, Scorpio, Virgo, Derry and Toms. April 29th to March 22nd. Even dates only.

Mrs Trepidatious: Well what does it presage?

Mrs O: You have green, scaly skin, and a soft yellow underbelly with a series of fin-like ridges running down your spine and tail. Although lizardlike in shape, you can grow anything up to thirty feet in length with huge teeth that can bite off great rocks and trees. You inhabit arid sub-tropical zones and wear spectacles.

Mrs Trepidatious: It's very good about the spectacles.

(Monty Python's Flying Circus, Episode 37)
May 09, 2009
Daniel Keep Wrote:

> 
> 
> Lutger wrote:
> > zsxxsz wrote:
> > 
> >> I found D is a wonderful programming language and start to use it in my projects. I use D2 now, but which is still unstable although it's version is D2.029. Can anyone tell me when D2 will be stable? Although D's using rate suffers sharp fall(shown in tiobe), I'll still believe that D will be better in future. But why does D fall down so much?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> > 
> > 
> > Tiobe is like the astrology weekly news snippets: you know it's bullshit but you can't resist wanting to believe - until it brings bad news of course ;)
> 
> Mrs O: What are you?
> 
> Mrs Trepidatious: I'm Nesbitt.
> 
> Mrs O: There's not a zodiacal sign called Nesbitt...
> 
> Mrs Trepidatious: All right, Derry and Toms.
> 
> Mrs O: (surveying paper) Aquarius, Scorpio, Virgo, Derry and Toms. April 29th to March 22nd. Even dates only.
> 
> Mrs Trepidatious: Well what does it presage?
> 
> Mrs O: You have green, scaly skin, and a soft yellow underbelly with a series of fin-like ridges running down your spine and tail. Although lizardlike in shape, you can grow anything up to thirty feet in length with huge teeth that can bite off great rocks and trees. You inhabit arid sub-tropical zones and wear spectacles.
> 
> Mrs Trepidatious: It's very good about the spectacles.
> 
> (Monty Python's Flying Circus, Episode 37)

<snort!>

May 09, 2009
zsxxsz wrote:
> I found D is a wonderful programming language and start to use it in my
> projects. I use D2 now, but which is still unstable although it's version is
> D2.029. Can anyone tell me when D2 will be stable?
<snip>

We should give D1 time to be finished before worrying about that.

Stewart.
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2