September 03, 2005
The facts:

I'm writing a gui app.
I'm using minwin.
I'm using build.
The version of minwin that I have (downloaded last night) needs deprecated features to compile. It uses !==.
I've built minwin into a library minwin.lib.
I have this pragma in my main source file: version(Build) pragma(link,"minwin");
I develop in Textpad, I have F7 configured to run build on the current file with "-unittest -debug -clean -full"
I have CTRL+F7 configured to run build on the current file with "-release -O -clean -full"
My project and others do not need deprecated features to compile, thus no "-d" in the above configurations.

The request:

Is there some way to tell build to compile the minwin files with -d and my files without?

It would be ideal if this were possible with no, or very little changes to the F7 and CTRL+F7 commands I have setup in textpad. I would like them to work without too much hassle on any d file I happen to open and want to compile.

I'm thining a pragma or a config file. The pragma would effect all files in the same package as the file in which it appeared. The config file could effect all files in the directory it was found and all subdirectory (unless over-ridden by another file). eg.

x\lib.all        <- pragma(cmdline,"-d") in here
x\foo\lib.foo.a; <- effected

x\lib.all
x\lib.brf        <- "-d" in here
x\foo\lib.foo.a; <- uses lib.brf
x\foo\b\b.brf    <- override lib.brf
x\foo\b\abc.d    <- uses b.brf

Of course, Ben will probably update minwin and my problem will vanish.. however I believe this problem may arise again for other libraries in the future.

Regan
September 03, 2005
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:29:53 +1200, Regan Heath wrote:

> The facts:
> 
> I'm writing a gui app.
> I'm using minwin.
> I'm using build.
> The version of minwin that I have (downloaded last night) needs deprecated
> features to compile. It uses !==.
> I've built minwin into a library minwin.lib.
> I have this pragma in my main source file: version(Build)
> pragma(link,"minwin");
> I develop in Textpad, I have F7 configured to run build on the current
> file with "-unittest -debug -clean -full"
> I have CTRL+F7 configured to run build on the current file with "-release
> -O -clean -full"
> My project and others do not need deprecated features to compile, thus no
> "-d" in the above configurations.
> 
> The request:
> 
> Is there some way to tell build to compile the minwin files with -d and my files without?
> 
> It would be ideal if this were possible with no, or very little changes to the F7 and CTRL+F7 commands I have setup in textpad. I would like them to work without too much hassle on any d file I happen to open and want to compile.
> 
> I'm thining a pragma or a config file. The pragma would effect all files in the same package as the file in which it appeared. The config file could effect all files in the directory it was found and all subdirectory (unless over-ridden by another file). eg.
> 
> x\lib.all        <- pragma(cmdline,"-d") in here
> x\foo\lib.foo.a; <- effected
> 
> x\lib.all
> x\lib.brf        <- "-d" in here
> x\foo\lib.foo.a; <- uses lib.brf
> x\foo\b\b.brf    <- override lib.brf
> x\foo\b\abc.d    <- uses b.brf
> 
> Of course, Ben will probably update minwin and my problem will vanish.. however I believe this problem may arise again for other libraries in the future.
> 
> Regan

A good idea Regan. I'll see what I can do.

-- 
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia
3/09/2005 11:14:27 AM