Heinz Saathoff
Aug 28, 2003
KarL
Aug 28, 2003
Greg Peet
Sep 08, 2003
Ilya Minkov
August 10, 2003
It's very close to earth this month. Tonight I've been watching it, it's very large & bright. What a show!

August 27, 2003
Yes, I just saw it too.  At about 10 p.m. it was in the South-Eastern sky somewhat low on the horizon.  When you see it you will know that it is Mars.  It is much brighter than any star you've ever seen.  It was cloudy so I could only see one star, and it was not nearly as bright as Mars.

I also got to look at it through a neighbor's big 8 inch telescope (about the size of a big watermellon) and I could make out the polar ice caps as a bright spot.

In article <bh4ppv$s7e$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
>
>It's very close to earth this month. Tonight I've been watching it, it's very large & bright. What a show!
>
>

August 27, 2003
I really regret that I got rid of my telescope so long ago =(

-- 
Gregory Peet

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
 Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
 by definition, not smart enough to debug it."
-Brian Kernighan

August 27, 2003
Greg Peet schrieb...
> I really regret that I got rid of my telescope so long ago =(

You can find much better pictures on the internet. And nowadays real astronomers look on monitors anyway :-)

- Heinz
August 28, 2003
It is the excitement of grabbing a "gender of your preference" and go to a high up dark place and look at the stars that matter.

"Heinz Saathoff" <hsaat@bre.ipnet.de> wrote in message news:MPG.19b673962dd723a59896d0@news.digitalmars.com...
> Greg Peet schrieb...
> > I really regret that I got rid of my telescope so long ago =(
>
> You can find much better pictures on the internet. And nowadays real astronomers look on monitors anyway :-)
>
> - Heinz

August 28, 2003
"KarL" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
news:bijl0l$1qm9$1@digitaldaemon.com...
| It is the excitement of grabbing a "gender of your preference" and
| go to a high up dark place and look at the stars that matter.

Unless you are betrothed as I am =P

September 08, 2003
Heinz Saathoff wrote:
> You can find much better pictures on the internet. And nowadays real astronomers look on monitors anyway :-)

They prefer *digital* mars!!! :)))))))))))))))

-eye