Nov 22, 2004
Walter
Dec 15, 2004
Denis Troshin
Dec 22, 2004
carlson
November 01, 2004
Hi,

I am trying to compile a test win32 app with dm (cd version) 8.41.

In VC++ to add toolbars etc requires the Comctl32.lib and commctrl.h file included in project which I have also done in dm using DM lib and include dirs.

Where is INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX defined ??? this works in VC++6, but I am guessing it must be some sort of M$ typedef or something?

I keep getting the error INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX undefined in IDDE , I could not see this in the comctrl.h file as a define, which is what I am wrongly or rightly assuming is causing the error

Does anyone know how to get around this please

Cheers
November 02, 2004
Try using coff2omf on the import library for comctl32.lib that came with your VC++6.

"Ant" <Someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:cm42a9$2brs$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile a test win32 app with dm (cd version) 8.41.
>
> In VC++ to add toolbars etc requires the Comctl32.lib and commctrl.h file included in project which I have also done in dm using DM lib and include dirs.
>
> Where is INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX defined ??? this works in VC++6, but I am guessing it must be some sort of M$ typedef or something?
>
> I keep getting the error INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX undefined in IDDE , I could not see this in the comctrl.h file as a define, which is what I am wrongly or rightly assuming is causing the error
>
> Does anyone know how to get around this please
>
> Cheers

November 03, 2004
Walter wrote:
> Try using coff2omf on the import library for comctl32.lib that came with
> your VC++6.
> 

Thanks Walter,
But I was using the LIB supplied with DMC, unfortunately VC6 is what I use or rather fight with every day at work, I only use DMC OW and GCC at home.

If I were to use coff2omf on the OW Libs, would this hose the libs for OW and should I do the coff2omf on a copy of the win32 Libs?

Better idea still, I have been toying with the idea of downloading and installing the new platform sdk which I believe includes the Win32 Libs etc.

Are there any plans in the future to modify the linker to work with coff  format?

I have seen on the DMC site about replacing DMC linker with OW 1.1 linker, but this looks like too much like hard work to implement I guess I could just do a coff2omf *.lib to convert all the libs to DMC omf format?

Better still I have been watching for some time now the progress of D with great interest, sorry this is a bit OT but how useable is D right now and since it uses DM backend will the same problems occur trying to use Win32 API Libs with D??

I ask this, because I do not want to use up a lot of time learning D now if it is not quite ready for Win32 programing and DB programming, but will look at it more in future if it is not quite ready yet.

I also mote that the only IDE I can see for D is Eclipse, A Java IDE?? for D ??? I have seen a wicked little editor that supports D called PSPAD
http://www.pspad.com/en/

Thanks
A
November 22, 2004
"Ant" <Someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:cm9777$bf9$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Thanks Walter,
> But I was using the LIB supplied with DMC, unfortunately VC6 is what I
> use or rather fight with every day at work, I only use DMC OW and GCC at
> home.
>
> If I were to use coff2omf on the OW Libs, would this hose the libs for OW and should I do the coff2omf on a copy of the win32 Libs?

You should do it on a copy.

> Better idea still, I have been toying with the idea of downloading and installing the new platform sdk which I believe includes the Win32 Libs
etc.
>
> Are there any plans in the future to modify the linker to work with coff
>   format?

Eventually this will have to happen.

> I have seen on the DMC site about replacing DMC linker with OW 1.1 linker, but this looks like too much like hard work to implement I guess I could just do a coff2omf *.lib to convert all the libs to DMC omf
format?

That's what I'd try first.

> Better still I have been watching for some time now the progress of D with great interest, sorry this is a bit OT but how useable is D right now and since it uses DM backend will the same problems occur trying to use Win32 API Libs with D??

Yes.

> I ask this, because I do not want to use up a lot of time learning D now if it is not quite ready for Win32 programing and DB programming, but will look at it more in future if it is not quite ready yet.

If there's a specific library you need, post on the newsgroup. Someone has probably already done the work on it.

> I also mote that the only IDE I can see for D is Eclipse, A Java IDE?? for D ??? I have seen a wicked little editor that supports D called PSPAD http://www.pspad.com/en/

The IDE category is wide open <g>.

December 15, 2004
In article <cm42a9$2brs$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
>
>Where is INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX defined ??? this works in VC++6, but I am guessing it must be some sort of M$ typedef or something?
>

I added these lines to COMMCTRL.H
//--------------------------------------
typedef struct tagINITCOMMONCONTROLSEX {
DWORD dwSize;
DWORD dwICC;
} INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX, *LPINITCOMMONCONTROLSEX;

BOOL WINAPI InitCommonControlsEx(LPINITCOMMONCONTROLSEX);
//--------------------------------------
InitCommonControlsEx is already in COMCTL32.LIB (DMC 8.41)
No need to replace this lib.

December 22, 2004
The problem is comctl32.lib is not getting linked into the program.  If you can solve that let me know.

In article <cm42a9$2brs$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
>
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to compile a test win32 app with dm (cd version) 8.41.
>
>In VC++ to add toolbars etc requires the Comctl32.lib and commctrl.h file included in project which I have also done in dm using DM lib and include dirs.
>
>Where is INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX defined ??? this works in VC++6, but I am guessing it must be some sort of M$ typedef or something?
>
>I keep getting the error INITCOMMONCONTROLSEX undefined in IDDE , I could not see this in the comctrl.h file as a define, which is what I am wrongly or rightly assuming is causing the error
>
>Does anyone know how to get around this please
>
>Cheers

Jay