Jul 12, 2007
David
Apr 01, 2008
IrishDragon
Oct 17, 2008
Jake
November 16, 2006
All,

I found my original Empire disk (720k) and was able to install it on my PC.  I am surprised the disk is still readable after all these years.  Anyway, when I started the game, it asked me to enter words from the manual before I could play!  Darn, I forgot that kind of copy protection even existed.

Is there a link to a downloadable or on-line manual so I can enter the codes and play the game again?  Thank you.

Jim F.
November 19, 2006
have the same problem myself found this link and am downloading it now. don't know if it will work yet but wanted to let you know about it.

http://www.abandonia.com/games/545/EmpireDeluxe
November 19, 2006
The downloaded manual worked
July 12, 2007
Lucky you finding the disk.  I wish I could find mine I miss the game.  I lost my book why over in Saudie in 1990 and played the game by using (a) for the code for the longest.  After a few tries I was in.  Ever want to sell that disk I would love to buy it.
April 01, 2008
LOL, yeah. I forgot about the intro code...
I should scan the manual on-line sometime...Still have my dos version...
October 17, 2008
I just found my version 2.05 running out of DOS. I'm on a mad search now to find the original manual that goes with that version. All I can find right now is a copy of the manual for Empire Deluxe. I'm thinking about buying a copy of this if I can find one that is not being sold for over $99. But I worry that it won't have the same version. I'm trying to play the game in it's natural habitat. If you have a copy of it please post. Someone posted a link to the Empire Deluxe manual in response to this thread a while ago but I'm looking for the original manual to get past the old copyright protection.