BCS
Aug 15, 2007
Carlos Santander
Aug 15, 2007
Gregor Richards
Aug 15, 2007
Carlos Santander
July 20, 2007
Remember how a while ago I said DSSS would never be able to net-install Tango?

DSSS can net-install Tango.

Just type `dsss net install tango` and you'll find yourself in possession of the latest snapshot.

I've just added the build today, and it appears to work. It's been tested to at least a small degree on:
 * GDC + GNU/Linux
 * DMD + GNU/Linux
 * DMD + Windows

The installation of Tango is the only net-installation that requires user feedback. Causing Phobos software to become unbuildable is something I decided to prompt for :)

Anyway, give it a shot, see if it fails in a spectacular way. Consider it a beta installation mechanism for the moment.

- Gregor Richards
July 20, 2007
Gregor Richards wrote:
> Remember how a while ago I said DSSS would never be able to net-install Tango?
> 
> DSSS can net-install Tango.
> 
> Just type `dsss net install tango` and you'll find yourself in possession of the latest snapshot.
> 
> I've just added the build today, and it appears to work. It's been tested to at least a small degree on:
>  * GDC + GNU/Linux
>  * DMD + GNU/Linux
>  * DMD + Windows
> 
> The installation of Tango is the only net-installation that requires user feedback. Causing Phobos software to become unbuildable is something I decided to prompt for :)
> 
> Anyway, give it a shot, see if it fails in a spectacular way. Consider it a beta installation mechanism for the moment.
> 
>  - Gregor Richards

Hooray tango is easy to install now :)
July 22, 2007
Hi Gregor.  Installing dsss on my mac (gdc, ppc) worked fine, but installing tango came up with the following error:

Command: /usr/bin/rebuild -obj -explicit lib/common/tango/core/Thread.d -fintfc-file=tango/core/Thread.di
+ /usr/bin/rebuild -obj -explicit lib/common/tango/core/Thread.d -fintfc-file=tango/core/Thread.di
+ /usr/bin/rebuild -Idsss_imports/ -I. -S./ -I/usr/include/d -S/usr/lib/  -I/usr/include/d -S/usr/lib -I/Users/graham/d/include/d -S/Users/graham/d/lib  -oqdsss_objs  -explicit -lib -full tango/core/Array.d tango/core/Atomic.d tango/core/BitArray.d tango/core/ByteSwap.d tango/core/Signal.d tango/core/sync/Barrier.d tango/core/sync/Condition.d tango/core/sync/Config.d tango/core/sync/Mutex.d tango/core/sync/ReadWriteMutex.d tango/core/sync/Semaphore.d tango/core/Traits.d tango/core/Tuple.d tango/core/Type.d tango/core/Vararg.d tango/core/Variant.d tango/core/Version.d -oflibSDG-tango-core.a
tango/core/sync/Semaphore.d:162: Error: undefined identifier sem_timedwait
tango/core/sync/Semaphore.d:162: Error: function expected before (), not sem_timedwait of type int
Command /usr/bin/rebuild returned with code 256, aborting.
Command /usr/bin/dsss returned with code 256, aborting.

Is this any use?

Thanks.

graham
July 22, 2007
Graham MacDonald wrote:
> Hi Gregor.  Installing dsss on my mac (gdc, ppc) worked fine, but installing tango came up with the following error:
> 
> Command: /usr/bin/rebuild -obj -explicit lib/common/tango/core/Thread.d -fintfc-file=tango/core/Thread.di
> + /usr/bin/rebuild -obj -explicit lib/common/tango/core/Thread.d -fintfc-file=tango/core/Thread.di
> + /usr/bin/rebuild -Idsss_imports/ -I. -S./ -I/usr/include/d -S/usr/lib/  -I/usr/include/d -S/usr/lib -I/Users/graham/d/include/d -S/Users/graham/d/lib  -oqdsss_objs  -explicit -lib -full tango/core/Array.d tango/core/Atomic.d tango/core/BitArray.d tango/core/ByteSwap.d tango/core/Signal.d tango/core/sync/Barrier.d tango/core/sync/Condition.d tango/core/sync/Config.d tango/core/sync/Mutex.d tango/core/sync/ReadWriteMutex.d tango/core/sync/Semaphore.d tango/core/Traits.d tango/core/Tuple.d tango/core/Type.d tango/core/Vararg.d tango/core/Variant.d tango/core/Version.d -oflibSDG-tango-core.a
> tango/core/sync/Semaphore.d:162: Error: undefined identifier sem_timedwait
> tango/core/sync/Semaphore.d:162: Error: function expected before (), not sem_timedwait of type int
> Command /usr/bin/rebuild returned with code 256, aborting.
> Command /usr/bin/dsss returned with code 256, aborting.
> 
> Is this any use?

You must be using OSX.  And I suppose you're also the first OSX user to try compiling the Semaphore module :-)  It's fixed in the SVN trunk now, and it will be in tomorrow's snapshot as well.

Sean
July 22, 2007
Sean Kelly wrote:
> You must be using OSX.  And I suppose you're also the first OSX user to try compiling the Semaphore module :-)  It's fixed in the SVN trunk now, and it will be in tomorrow's snapshot as well.

Ok, thanks.  I installed it now, seemingly without any errors.  If I take the most simple tango app:

import  tango.io.Console;

void	main()
{
   Cout("Hello, World").newline;
}

and build it with 'gdc d.d', I get:

d.d:1: module Console cannot read file 'tango/io/Console.d'

Should I be passing any additional arguments into gdc?  I'm sure I'll need to link the usual libs, but I haven't got to that stage yet :-)

graham
July 22, 2007
Graham MacDonald wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> You must be using OSX.  And I suppose you're also the first OSX user to try compiling the Semaphore module :-)  It's fixed in the SVN trunk now, and it will be in tomorrow's snapshot as well.
> 
> Ok, thanks.  I installed it now, seemingly without any errors.  If I take the most simple tango app:
> 
> import  tango.io.Console;
> 
> void    main()
> {
>    Cout("Hello, World").newline;
> }
> 
> 
> and build it with 'gdc d.d', I get:
> 
> d.d:1: module Console cannot read file 'tango/io/Console.d'
> 
> Should I be passing any additional arguments into gdc?  I'm sure I'll need to link the usual libs, but I haven't got to that stage yet :-)

I think that's all you should need to do, but Gregor would know best how the install process works.  It sounds to me like the header files aren't being published to the proper location.

Sean
July 22, 2007
Graham MacDonald wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> You must be using OSX.  And I suppose you're also the first OSX user to try compiling the Semaphore module :-)  It's fixed in the SVN trunk now, and it will be in tomorrow's snapshot as well.
> 
> Ok, thanks.  I installed it now, seemingly without any errors.  If I take the most simple tango app:
> 
> import  tango.io.Console;
> 
> void    main()
> {
>    Cout("Hello, World").newline;
> }
> 
> 
> and build it with 'gdc d.d', I get:
> 
> d.d:1: module Console cannot read file 'tango/io/Console.d'
> 
> Should I be passing any additional arguments into gdc?  I'm sure I'll need to link the usual libs, but I haven't got to that stage yet :-)
> 
> graham

When Tango is installed via DSSS, the easiest way to compile against it is also via DSSS. It doesn't put it in GDC's include path because GDC's include path changes version-to-version, so it's in <prefix>/include/d. Anyway, if you do dsss build d.d, that should build it no problem.

- Gregor Richards
July 22, 2007
Sean Kelly wrote:

> I think that's all you should need to do, but Gregor would know best how the install process works.  It sounds to me like the header files aren't being published to the proper location.

I just sent Gregor a patch, which might fix this.

Graham, maybe this helps you, too?

Best Regards

Ingo Oeser

July 22, 2007
Gregor Richards wrote:
> When Tango is installed via DSSS, the easiest way to compile against it is also via DSSS. It doesn't put it in GDC's include path because GDC's include path changes version-to-version, so it's in <prefix>/include/d. Anyway, if you do dsss build d.d, that should build it no problem.
> 
>  - Gregor Richards

Ok, that does the trick.  Thanks guys,

graham
July 25, 2007
Thank you very much!
dsss net install tango works here on windows XP, dmd 1.020 like a charm!
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2