August 15, 2007
Gregor Richards escribió:
> Remember how a while ago I said DSSS would never be able to net-install Tango?
> 
> DSSS can net-install Tango.
> 
> Just type `dsss net install tango` and you'll find yourself in possession of the latest snapshot.
> 
> I've just added the build today, and it appears to work. It's been tested to at least a small degree on:
>  * GDC + GNU/Linux
>  * DMD + GNU/Linux
>  * DMD + Windows
> 
> The installation of Tango is the only net-installation that requires user feedback. Causing Phobos software to become unbuildable is something I decided to prompt for :)
> 
> Anyway, give it a shot, see if it fails in a spectacular way. Consider it a beta installation mechanism for the moment.
> 
>  - Gregor Richards

Before I do this, is there a way to get Phobos back, or to switch between Phobos and Tango?

-- 
Carlos Santander Bernal
August 15, 2007
Carlos Santander wrote:
> Gregor Richards escribió:
> 
>> Remember how a while ago I said DSSS would never be able to net-install Tango?
>>
>> DSSS can net-install Tango.
>>
>> Just type `dsss net install tango` and you'll find yourself in possession of the latest snapshot.
>>
>> I've just added the build today, and it appears to work. It's been tested to at least a small degree on:
>>  * GDC + GNU/Linux
>>  * DMD + GNU/Linux
>>  * DMD + Windows
>>
>> The installation of Tango is the only net-installation that requires user feedback. Causing Phobos software to become unbuildable is something I decided to prompt for :)
>>
>> Anyway, give it a shot, see if it fails in a spectacular way. Consider it a beta installation mechanism for the moment.
>>
>>  - Gregor Richards
> 
> 
> Before I do this, is there a way to get Phobos back, or to switch between Phobos and Tango?
> 

take a look at the "installing phoboes and Tango" thread in the digitalmars.D NG.
August 15, 2007
BCS escribió:
> Carlos Santander wrote:
>> Gregor Richards escribió:
>>
>>> Remember how a while ago I said DSSS would never be able to net-install Tango?
>>>
>>> DSSS can net-install Tango.
>>>
>>> Just type `dsss net install tango` and you'll find yourself in possession of the latest snapshot.
>>>
>>> I've just added the build today, and it appears to work. It's been tested to at least a small degree on:
>>>  * GDC + GNU/Linux
>>>  * DMD + GNU/Linux
>>>  * DMD + Windows
>>>
>>> The installation of Tango is the only net-installation that requires user feedback. Causing Phobos software to become unbuildable is something I decided to prompt for :)
>>>
>>> Anyway, give it a shot, see if it fails in a spectacular way. Consider it a beta installation mechanism for the moment.
>>>
>>>  - Gregor Richards
>>
>>
>> Before I do this, is there a way to get Phobos back, or to switch between Phobos and Tango?
>>
> 
> take a look at the "installing phoboes and Tango" thread in the digitalmars.D NG.

I meant in the context of DSSS only. Without DSSS, I can do that already with "install-gdc.sh" and "install-gdc.sh --uninstall", part of the Tango distribution.

-- 
Carlos Santander Bernal
August 15, 2007
Carlos Santander wrote:
> Gregor Richards escribió:
>> Remember how a while ago I said DSSS would never be able to net-install Tango?
>>
>> DSSS can net-install Tango.
>>
>> Just type `dsss net install tango` and you'll find yourself in possession of the latest snapshot.
>>
>> I've just added the build today, and it appears to work. It's been tested to at least a small degree on:
>>  * GDC + GNU/Linux
>>  * DMD + GNU/Linux
>>  * DMD + Windows
>>
>> The installation of Tango is the only net-installation that requires user feedback. Causing Phobos software to become unbuildable is something I decided to prompt for :)
>>
>> Anyway, give it a shot, see if it fails in a spectacular way. Consider it a beta installation mechanism for the moment.
>>
>>  - Gregor Richards
> 
> Before I do this, is there a way to get Phobos back, or to switch between Phobos and Tango?
> 

Not easily, no. This is a hotly-requested feature though, so I think I may have to buckle and figure it out.

- Gregor Richards
August 15, 2007
Gregor Richards escribió:
> Carlos Santander wrote:
>>
>> Before I do this, is there a way to get Phobos back, or to switch between Phobos and Tango?
>>
> 
> Not easily, no. This is a hotly-requested feature though, so I think I may have to buckle and figure it out.
> 
>  - Gregor Richards

Ok, I'll wait for that, then. Thanks.

-- 
Carlos Santander Bernal
1 2
Next ›   Last »