Aug 19, 2008
pepitu
Dec 06, 2008
Fabian Claßen
Dec 07, 2008
Christopher Wright
June 15, 2008
Hi,
i'm starting learning the D programming language. I think that a first starting point is a good programming tutorial (not yet available about D, but the net is full of info) and a good IDE.

I saw a lot of D IDE, some written in D itself, some as plugin for eclipse and for kdevelop or anjuta.

What about a good D ide? Does somebody know a good ide that works well on Linux Ubuntu? Thanks...
June 15, 2008
Vincenzo Ampolo wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm starting learning the D programming language. I think that a first
> starting point is a good programming tutorial (not yet available about D,
> but the net is full of info) and a good IDE.
> 
> I saw a lot of D IDE, some written in D itself, some as plugin for eclipse and for kdevelop or anjuta.
> 
> What about a good D ide? Does somebody know a good ide that works well on Linux Ubuntu? Thanks...

Like with any other language, it depends on what you want from an IDE.

Descent (the eclipse plugin), is by far the most advanced IDE for D at the moment and should work well on ubuntu. Code::blocks is nice too, D is supported but I'm not sure how advanced it is for D programming. In the category of lightweight editors, I find kate and scite work well for D. I don't have any experience with Poseidon or Zeus.

Can't give any one recommendation other that to at least try Descent, because it has the most advanced D specific features.
June 15, 2008
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:38:25 +0400, Vincenzo Ampolo <vincenzo.ampolo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm starting learning the D programming language. I think that a first starting point is a good programming tutorial (not yet available about D, but the net is full of info) and a good IDE.
>
> I saw a lot of D IDE, some written in D itself, some as plugin for eclipse and for kdevelop or anjuta.
>
> What about a good D ide? Does somebody know a good ide that works well on Linux Ubuntu? Thanks...

vim?

-- 
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
June 16, 2008
Lutger Wrote:

> I don't have any experience with Poseidon or Zeus.

In this instance Zeus will be of no use since it is only available for the Windows platform.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus for Windows IDE

June 16, 2008
Jussi Jumppanen wrote:
> Lutger Wrote:
> 
>> I don't have any experience with Poseidon or Zeus. 
> 
> In this instance Zeus will be of no use since it is only available for the Windows platform.
> 
> Jussi Jumppanen
> Author: Zeus for Windows IDE

Poseidon, too, AFAICT
June 16, 2008
Leonid Krashenko wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:38:25 +0400, Vincenzo Ampolo <vincenzo.ampolo@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> Hi,
>> i'm starting learning the D programming language. I think that a first
>> starting point is a good programming tutorial (not yet available about
>> D, but the net is full of info) and a good IDE.
>>
>> I saw a lot of D IDE, some written in D itself, some as plugin for eclipse and for kdevelop or anjuta.
>>
>> What about a good D ide? Does somebody know a good ide that works well on Linux Ubuntu? Thanks...
> 
> vim?
> 

emacs has d-mode
June 16, 2008
Robert Fraser wrote:

> Jussi Jumppanen wrote:
>> Lutger Wrote:
>> 
>>> I don't have any experience with Poseidon or Zeus.
>> 
>> In this instance Zeus will be of no use since it is only available for the Windows platform.
>> 
>> Jussi Jumppanen
>> Author: Zeus for Windows IDE
> 
> Poseidon, too, AFAICT

It's not really true... Yep, it's an .exe, but with wine it worked. :) there are problems loading the icons, but the IDE works...
June 17, 2008
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:35:44 +0400, Leonid Krashenko wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:38:25 +0400, Vincenzo Ampolo <vincenzo.ampolo@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> Hi,
>> i'm starting learning the D programming language. I think that a first
>> starting point is a good programming tutorial (not yet available about
>> D, but the net is full of info) and a good IDE.
>>
>> I saw a lot of D IDE, some written in D itself, some as plugin for eclipse and for kdevelop or anjuta.
>>
>> What about a good D ide? Does somebody know a good ide that works well on Linux Ubuntu? Thanks...
> 
> vim?

You know for some strange reason people tend to laugh at this suggestion. Yet I continue to advocate its greatness.
August 19, 2008
En/na Vincenzo Ampolo ha escrit:
> Hi,
> i'm starting learning the D programming language. I think that a first starting point is a good programming tutorial (not yet available about D, but the net is full of info) and a good IDE.
> 
> 

Hello,

I don't know if it is a *good* IDE but I use "Geany" in my Ubuntu 8.04, and it is enough for a beginner like me.
December 06, 2008
Vincenzo Ampolo schrieb:
> Hi,
> 
> 

IDE at the beginning?
You must be joking :D - sorry but I believe it's not usefull to use an
IDE to learn a language. I am using only a small texteditor (the one
from window (notepad)) and the commandline compiler.
And it works well. There is no problem. ;)

All over you are able to concentrate on learning.
There are no buttons and this and this.
All in all there are a lot of teachers/profs who say:
"If you want to learn a programming language use only a texteditor".

Good luck.

Greetings
Fabian Claßen

« First   ‹ Prev
1 2