Malkierian
Mar 21, 2014
Orvid King
Mar 21, 2014
Malkierian
Mar 21, 2014
Malkierian
March 21, 2014
OK, so I haven't even tried yet to do DWT the way it says in the build tutorial, but I've been working with Xamarin for a while now, and I'm very comfortable with it.

Anyway, I managed to build and install DWT properly, however when I try to run the example, I get weird errors about needing a -Jpath to link to some .properties files.  For example:

E:\Dlang\dwt\imp\java\lang\util.di(391): Error: need -Jpath switch to import text file org.eclipse.swt.internal.SWTMessages.properties

And mixed in with them are errors about instantiating templates:

E:\Dlang\dwt\imp\org\eclipse\swt\internal\Compatibility.di(82): Error: template instance java.lang.util.getImportData!"org.eclipse.swt.internal.SWTMessages.properties" error instantiating

Problem is, I don't know where to go to put a -J switch in Xamarin.  Can anyone help me out?
March 21, 2014
On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 02:00:15 -0500, Malkierian <rhydonj@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, so I haven't even tried yet to do DWT the way it says in the build tutorial, but I've been working with Xamarin for a while now, and I'm very comfortable with it.
>
> Anyway, I managed to build and install DWT properly, however when I try to run the example, I get weird errors about needing a -Jpath to link to some .properties files.  For example:
>
> E:\Dlang\dwt\imp\java\lang\util.di(391): Error: need -Jpath switch to import text file org.eclipse.swt.internal.SWTMessages.properties
>
> And mixed in with them are errors about instantiating templates:
>
> E:\Dlang\dwt\imp\org\eclipse\swt\internal\Compatibility.di(82): Error: template instance java.lang.util.getImportData!"org.eclipse.swt.internal.SWTMessages.properties" error instantiating
>
> Problem is, I don't know where to go to put a -J switch in Xamarin.  Can anyone help me out?

Right click on the project and click on Options->Compiler->Compiling and add the -J switch to the Extra Compiler Options box.
March 21, 2014
On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 20:33:35 UTC, Orvid King wrote:
> Right click on the project and click on Options->Compiler->Compiling and add the -J switch to the Extra Compiler Options box.

Awesome, thanks.  Now I get a bunch of errors like this:

Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D3gtk10MainWindow10MainWindow7__ClassZ

Here's what my build line looks like in the Xamarin output, in case it helps:

D:\Dlang\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe -O -release "main.d" "ProverbFlash.d" "dwt-base.lib" "org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86.lib" "-IE:\Dlang\dwt\imp" "-odobj\Release" "-ofD:\Users\Owner\Documents\Projects\FlashCards\FlashCards\bin\Release\FlashCards.exe" -JE:\Dlang\dwt\res -L+E:\Dlang\dwt\lib\ -L/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS:4.0
March 21, 2014
On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 21:06:38 UTC, Malkierian wrote:
> On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 20:33:35 UTC, Orvid King wrote:
>> Right click on the project and click on Options->Compiler->Compiling and add the -J switch to the Extra Compiler Options box.
>
> Awesome, thanks.  Now I get a bunch of errors like this:
>
> Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D3gtk10MainWindow10MainWindow7__ClassZ
>
> Here's what my build line looks like in the Xamarin output, in case it helps:
>
> D:\Dlang\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe -O -release "main.d" "ProverbFlash.d" "dwt-base.lib" "org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86.lib" "-IE:\Dlang\dwt\imp" "-odobj\Release" "-ofD:\Users\Owner\Documents\Projects\FlashCards\FlashCards\bin\Release\FlashCards.exe" -JE:\Dlang\dwt\res -L+E:\Dlang\dwt\lib\ -L/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS:4.0

Ahahahahaha, nevermind.  I had forgotten to remove some GtkD references in another file in my project.  Thanks again for the help, it seems to be working now.