Thread overview
Execute process and read its stdout/stderr asynchronously
Jul 22, 2009
kkll
Jul 22, 2009
torhu
July 22, 2009
I'm trying out D2+phobos on OSX and would like to write wrapper around few shell commands.

I've found only very basic exec() and system() in std lib, but I need to launch few things at once and get all their output.

Is there something like Cocoa's NSTask in D?
July 22, 2009
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 4:41 AM, kkll<A@b.com> wrote:
> I'm trying out D2+phobos on OSX and would like to write wrapper around few shell commands.
>
> I've found only very basic exec() and system() in std lib, but I need to launch few things at once and get all their output.
>
> Is there something like Cocoa's NSTask in D?
>

There is for D1, in Tango.  You might be able to port it over.
July 22, 2009
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Jarrett Billingsley<jarrett.billingsley@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 4:41 AM, kkll<A@b.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying out D2+phobos on OSX and would like to write wrapper around few shell commands.
>>
>> I've found only very basic exec() and system() in std lib, but I need to launch few things at once and get all their output.
>>
>> Is there something like Cocoa's NSTask in D?
>>
>
> There is for D1, in Tango.  You might be able to port it over.
>

Er, it's in tango.sys.Process :)
July 22, 2009
On 22.07.2009 10:41, kkll wrote:
> I'm trying out D2+phobos on OSX and would like to write wrapper around few shell commands.
>
> I've found only very basic exec() and system() in std lib, but I need to launch few things at once and get all their output.
>
> Is there something like Cocoa's NSTask in D?

For phobos 1, there's Regan Heath's old pipestream.d and process.d. Maybe you could port it to D 2. IIRC not all of it is in working condition.

It's here:
http://code.google.com/p/monsterbrowser/source/browse/monsterbrowser/tags/v03d/lib/