April 20, 2012
On 4/20/12, Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe@semitwist.com> wrote:
> I don't know what the hell I was thinking with that over-contrived example though

To be fair, that code is hilarious. All bug reports should have this sense of humor, imo. :D
April 20, 2012
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 06:21:26PM +0200, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 4/20/12, Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe@semitwist.com> wrote:
> > I don't know what the hell I was thinking with that over-contrived example though
> 
> To be fair, that code is hilarious. All bug reports should have this sense of humor, imo. :D

Yeah, that deserves a laugh(lang, 7). Or maybe a laugh(lang, 10). But
too much more than that, and it would become laughable. :-P

T

-- 
Век живи - век учись. А дураком помрёшь.
April 20, 2012
"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:mailman.1973.1334938954.4860.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com...
> On 4/20/12, Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe@semitwist.com> wrote:
>> I don't know what the hell I was thinking with that over-contrived example though
>
> To be fair, that code is hilarious. All bug reports should have this sense of humor, imo. :D

Heh :)  It's long-winded for what it's trying to say, though. But maybe I'm just being overly self-critical.

April 20, 2012
"Timon Gehr" <timon.gehr@gmx.ch> wrote in message news:jmrnlo$22p$1@digitalmars.com...
> On 04/20/2012 01:04 PM, bearophile wrote:
>> Andrej Mitrovic:
>>
>>> I think these features probably belong to some lint-type tool and not the compiler.
>>
>> On the contrary, I hope to see them implemented in the D front-end.
>> I've seen again and again that people don't even use warnings, so I don't
>> think many of them use lints.
>> This means, tests should be built-in and
>> active on default (this means I'd like D informational warnings to be
>> active on default, and be disabled with a compiler switch!).
>>
>
> I don't usually use warnings because of this issue: http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=6552

Since implicit fallthrough is going away, that's more a problem with a *missing* warning (in the second example) rather than an erroneous warning. So not using warnings doesn't solve that, it just makes all the rest of the warnings go missing, too.

April 20, 2012
Nick Sabalausky:

> Since implicit fallthrough is going away, that's more a problem with a *missing* warning (in the second example) rather than an erroneous warning.

Implicit fallthrough is going away, but Walter has decided to add it a special case, when the case is totally empty it's allowed. So both programs are correct (I don't love special cases, but here I think Walter doesn't want to cause too much D code disruption).

Bye,
bearophile
April 20, 2012
"bearophile" <bearophileHUGS@lycos.com> wrote in message news:monxicizdjzdlakneftc@forum.dlang.org...
> Nick Sabalausky:
>
>> Since implicit fallthrough is going away, that's more a problem with a *missing* warning (in the second example) rather than an erroneous warning.
>
> Implicit fallthrough is going away, but Walter has decided to add it a special case, when the case is totally empty it's allowed. So both programs are correct (I don't love special cases, but here I think Walter doesn't want to cause too much D code disruption).
>

Oh, that's right, I forgot about that. Nevermind, then.

1 2
Next ›   Last »