Daniel Kozak
Nov 27, 2017
SingingBush
Nov 28, 2017
Mengu
Nov 30, 2017
Dgame
November 23, 2017
Hi all. A new release intellij-dlanguage plugin has been made available for download from the Jetbrains repository this week.

The speed at which features and bug fixes are being done has picked up recently. We've had 4 releases this month alone. It would be really helpful if there are any Intellij users out there who don't already use our plugin to install it via the plugin repo and try it out (there are 2 D plugins, make sure to install the correct one). We now have error reporting built in to the plugin so that if anything breaks it's easy to inform the team about the problem.

There is also support for debugging with GDB (since v1.14 1st Nov). We need to completely overhaul our documentation as some of it is outdated now and there is no mention of the gdb support. If anyone with Java/Kotlin experience wants to get involved with helping squash bugs then we welcome pull requests so please feel free to browse the issues on our github repository and get involved.

https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage

If you find the plugin helpful please also rate the plugin:

https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8115-d-language
November 24, 2017
On Thursday, 23 November 2017 at 20:11:01 UTC, singingbush wrote:
> Hi all. A new release intellij-dlanguage plugin has been made available for download from the Jetbrains repository this week.
>
> The speed at which features and bug fixes are being done has picked up recently. We've had 4 releases this month alone.

Then I think you guys should post on Annonce more often :)

> It would be really helpful if there are any Intellij users out there who don't already use our plugin to install it via the plugin repo and try it out (there are 2 D plugins, make sure to install the correct one). We now have error reporting built in to the plugin so that if anything breaks it's easy to inform the team about the problem.

Awesome! Will give it a spin.

November 24, 2017
On Thursday, 23 November 2017 at 20:11:01 UTC, singingbush wrote:
> Hi all. A new release intellij-dlanguage plugin has been made available for download from the Jetbrains repository this week.
>
>
> There is also support for debugging with GDB (since v1.14 1st Nov). We need to completely overhaul our documentation as some of it is outdated now and there is no mention of the gdb support. If anyone with Java/Kotlin experience wants to get involved with helping squash bugs then we welcome pull requests so please feel free to browse the issues on our github repository and get involved.
>
> https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage
>
> If you find the plugin helpful please also rate the plugin:
>
> https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8115-d-language

Thanks a lot for the Structure view!
Plugin became better with each release.

November 24, 2017
I have try it, but does not seem to work, Event log is full of some DScanner Error:

12:50 DScanner Error
2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:325 Could not locate object.d or
object.di

12:50 DScanner Error
2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:411 Could not resolve location of
module 'vibe/web/rest'

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 9:11 PM, singingbush via Digitalmars-d-announce < digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

>
> The speed at which features and bug fixes are being done has picked up recently. We've had 4 releases this month alone. It would be really helpful if there are any Intellij users out there who don't already use our plugin to install it via the plugin repo and try it out (there are 2 D plugins, make sure to install the correct one). We now have error reporting built in to the plugin so that if anything breaks it's easy to inform the team about the problem.
>
> There is also support for debugging with GDB (since v1.14 1st Nov). We need to completely overhaul our documentation as some of it is outdated now and there is no mention of the gdb support. If anyone with Java/Kotlin experience wants to get involved with helping squash bugs then we welcome pull requests so please feel free to browse the issues on our github repository and get involved.
>
> https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage
>
> If you find the plugin helpful please also rate the plugin:
>
> https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8115-d-language
>

November 24, 2017
On Friday, 24 November 2017 at 11:52:52 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> I have try it, but does not seem to work, Event log is full of some DScanner Error:
>
> 12:50 DScanner Error
> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:325 Could not locate object.d or
> object.di
>
> 12:50 DScanner Error
> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:411 Could not resolve location of
> module 'vibe/web/rest'

Did the plugin error or is the problem just DScanner? If there was a problem with the plugin did you submit the error? It would be helpful to screen shot the problem and create an issue for it:

https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage/issues
November 27, 2017
I will try it again today and send more details

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 10:29 PM, singingbush via Digitalmars-d-announce < digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 24 November 2017 at 11:52:52 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
>
>> I have try it, but does not seem to work, Event log is full of some DScanner Error:
>>
>> 12:50 DScanner Error
>> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:325 Could not locate object.d or
>> object.di
>>
>> 12:50 DScanner Error
>> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:411 Could not resolve location of
>> module 'vibe/web/rest'
>>
>
> Did the plugin error or is the problem just DScanner? If there was a problem with the plugin did you submit the error? It would be helpful to screen shot the problem and create an issue for it:
>
> https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage/issues
>

November 27, 2017
OK, right now I have test it on my another pc, and it does not even load project (my IDE is completly frozen), but dub describe takes to long too. So I guess it is not perfect to use it when code.dlang.org is down.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Daniel Kozak <kozzi11@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try it again today and send more details
>
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 10:29 PM, singingbush via Digitalmars-d-announce < digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, 24 November 2017 at 11:52:52 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
>>
>>> I have try it, but does not seem to work, Event log is full of some DScanner Error:
>>>
>>> 12:50 DScanner Error
>>> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:325 Could not locate object.d or
>>> object.di
>>>
>>> 12:50 DScanner Error
>>> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:411 Could not resolve location of
>>> module 'vibe/web/rest'
>>>
>>
>> Did the plugin error or is the problem just DScanner? If there was a problem with the plugin did you submit the error? It would be helpful to screen shot the problem and create an issue for it:
>>
>> https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage/issues
>>
>
>

November 27, 2017
Another problem is when I am on some another project and do open some D
project,
it should ask me about if I want to open it in another window or this
window right away
and then show some progresbar loading D project with (dub describe and so
on)
but now it run dub describe first which is wierd when it takes more then
one second to finish (it makes seems like nothing happened at all)

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Daniel Kozak <kozzi11@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, right now I have test it on my another pc, and it does not even load project (my IDE is completly frozen), but dub describe takes to long too. So I guess it is not perfect to use it when code.dlang.org is down.
>
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Daniel Kozak <kozzi11@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I will try it again today and send more details
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 10:29 PM, singingbush via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Friday, 24 November 2017 at 11:52:52 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
>>>
>>>> I have try it, but does not seem to work, Event log is full of some DScanner Error:
>>>>
>>>> 12:50 DScanner Error
>>>> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:325 Could not locate object.d or
>>>> object.di
>>>>
>>>> 12:50 DScanner Error
>>>> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:411 Could not resolve location of
>>>> module 'vibe/web/rest'
>>>>
>>>
>>> Did the plugin error or is the problem just DScanner? If there was a problem with the plugin did you submit the error? It would be helpful to screen shot the problem and create an issue for it:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage/issues
>>>
>>
>>
>

November 27, 2017
On my Archlinux there is no  DSCanner error so maybe it something wrong with my fedora box at work. But I have many Possibly undefined symbol warnings and I do not know what it is.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Daniel Kozak <kozzi11@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another problem is when I am on some another project and do open some D
> project,
> it should ask me about if I want to open it in another window or this
> window right away
> and then show some progresbar loading D project with (dub describe and so
> on)
> but now it run dub describe first which is wierd when it takes more then
> one second to finish (it makes seems like nothing happened at all)
>
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Daniel Kozak <kozzi11@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OK, right now I have test it on my another pc, and it does not even load project (my IDE is completly frozen), but dub describe takes to long too. So I guess it is not perfect to use it when code.dlang.org is down.
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Daniel Kozak <kozzi11@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I will try it again today and send more details
>>>
>>> On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 10:29 PM, singingbush via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Friday, 24 November 2017 at 11:52:52 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I have try it, but does not seem to work, Event log is full of some DScanner Error:
>>>>>
>>>>> 12:50 DScanner Error
>>>>> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:325 Could not locate object.d or
>>>>> object.di
>>>>>
>>>>> 12:50 DScanner Error
>>>>> 2017-11-24T12:50:53.293:first.d:visit:411 Could not resolve location
>>>>> of
>>>>> module 'vibe/web/rest'
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Did the plugin error or is the problem just DScanner? If there was a problem with the plugin did you submit the error? It would be helpful to screen shot the problem and create an issue for it:
>>>>
>>>> https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage/issues
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>

November 27, 2017
On Monday, 27 November 2017 at 10:57:18 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> On my Archlinux there is no  DSCanner error so maybe it something wrong with my fedora box at work. But I have many Possibly undefined symbol warnings and I do not know what it is.
>

Do you have DScanner configured in both installs? If so, are they both latest version? We have had a few bug reports since the release so we will do a new build once those issues are resolved.

For dub projects we do rely on dub describe. I'll take a look at making sure the process doesn't hold up loading a new intellij instance. You also mentioned potential problem if code.dlang is down, I'll look into that.
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2