October 15, 2020
On 10/15/20 6:25 PM, Bryon Beck wrote:
> Hello,
> 

[snip identical copy of message https://forum.dlang.org/post/ynqubrdqzdhdswncsrmy@forum.dlang.org]

> Best regards.
> 
> Bryon Beck.

Was going to flag this, but thought maybe whoever looks at the flags isn't going to know the context without some explanation.

This seems like odd spam. Only the parts I quoted above are different. I can't see a reason for "Bryon" to do such a thing, but... interesting.

-Steve
October 15, 2020
On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 08:18:34PM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
> This seems like odd spam. Only the parts I quoted above are different. I can't see a reason for "Bryon" to do such a thing, but... interesting.
[...]

Assuming "Bryon" isn't a real person, this *may* be a way of priming a spamfilter so that it will let the real spam through later. I've seen this done occasionally.  No idea about effectiveness, though, unless it's a really weak spamfilter. Modern spamfilters wouldn't be fooled by such a rudimentary tactic.

T

-- 
If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in frightful danger of seeing it for the first time. -- G. K. Chesterton