>> Meanwhile I'm happy to assist anyone willing to give a shot on building
>> it on linux. It is currently based on SDL so with bit of luck it is not
>> that hard.
>
> i tried to build it, but no luck: it can't build libdparse. ah, the joy
> of dub...
>
> is there any way to build some testing app that doesn't require
> libdparse? i'm not in a mood of fixing anything right now...

It is only extensions that using libdparse.

You should be able to remove extensions/language/d folder and the extensions/highlight/d.d file and make it work I believe.

March 16, 2015
On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 15:14:03 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> Meanwhile I'm happy to assist anyone willing to give a shot on building it on linux. It is currently based on SDL so with bit of luck it is not that hard.

I got bunch of errors from windowdragger.d amd guiapplication.d modules because those directly import windows api stuff and use types like `DWORD` and friends.
March 16, 2015
On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:57:34 +0000, Jonas Drewsen wrote:

> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 15:37:00 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:14:02 +0000, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>>
>>> Meanwhile I'm happy to assist anyone willing to give a shot on building it on linux. It is currently based on SDL so with bit of luck it is not that hard.
>>
>> i tried to build it, but no luck: it can't build libdparse. ah, the joy of dub...
>>
>> is there any way to build some testing app that doesn't require libdparse? i'm not in a mood of fixing anything right now...
> 
> It is only extensions that using libdparse.
> 
> You should be able to remove extensions/language/d folder and the extensions/highlight/d.d file and make it work I believe.

thank you, i'll try that tomorrow.

March 16, 2015
On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 18:27:52 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 15:14:03 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>> Meanwhile I'm happy to assist anyone willing to give a shot on building it on linux. It is currently based on SDL so with bit of luck it is not that hard.
>
> I got bunch of errors from windowdragger.d amd guiapplication.d modules because those directly import windows api stuff and use types like `DWORD` and friends.

I see :(

The windowdragger.d could be fixed on linux using something from : http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Mouse_position#C

The guiapplication.d is stuff for watching dirs, locating window position info, and getting default dir paths e.g. user dir.

March 17, 2015
On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 20:17:05 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 18:27:52 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 15:14:03 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>>> Meanwhile I'm happy to assist anyone willing to give a shot on building it on linux. It is currently based on SDL so with bit of luck it is not that hard.
>>
>> I got bunch of errors from windowdragger.d amd guiapplication.d modules because those directly import windows api stuff and use types like `DWORD` and friends.
>
> I see :(
>
> The windowdragger.d could be fixed on linux using something from : http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Mouse_position#C
>
> The guiapplication.d is stuff for watching dirs, locating window position info, and getting default dir paths e.g. user dir.

Hiding platform-specific details behind a more abstract API wrapper would make adding linux support much easier ;)
March 17, 2015
On Tuesday, 17 March 2015 at 11:08:07 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 20:17:05 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 18:27:52 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 15:14:03 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>>>> Meanwhile I'm happy to assist anyone willing to give a shot on building it on linux. It is currently based on SDL so with bit of luck it is not that hard.
>>>
>>> I got bunch of errors from windowdragger.d amd guiapplication.d modules because those directly import windows api stuff and use types like `DWORD` and friends.
>>
>> I see :(
>>
>> The windowdragger.d could be fixed on linux using something from : http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Mouse_position#C
>>
>> The guiapplication.d is stuff for watching dirs, locating window position info, and getting default dir paths e.g. user dir.
>
> Hiding platform-specific details behind a more abstract API wrapper would make adding linux support much easier ;)

Definitely. I've now made a branch "linux" on github where linux compiles and links successfully and that also includes steps towards abstracting stuff.

March 19, 2015
Ahh, you got my message :)

Thank you very much for opening this!
I'll build a nice sdc-related plugin shortly.

Thumbs up!
March 26, 2015
On Tuesday, 17 March 2015 at 12:39:00 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> Definitely. I've now made a branch "linux" on github where linux compiles and links successfully and that also includes steps towards abstracting stuff.

Thanks a lot. Sadly this branch still doesn't seem to compile because of other issues (that don't seem to be related to platform portability). I think I will wait for some tagged release before rushing into experiments :)
March 26, 2015
On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 00:26:58 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 March 2015 at 12:39:00 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>> Definitely. I've now made a branch "linux" on github where linux compiles and links successfully and that also includes steps towards abstracting stuff.
>
> Thanks a lot. Sadly this branch still doesn't seem to compile because of other issues (that don't seem to be related to platform portability). I think I will wait for some tagged release before rushing into experiments :)

I fully understand. After the next release my focus will be on porting to mac and linux.

/Jonas
March 26, 2015
On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:17:16 +0000, Jonas Drewsen wrote:

> On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 00:26:58 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 17 March 2015 at 12:39:00 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>>> Definitely. I've now made a branch "linux" on github where linux compiles and links successfully and that also includes steps towards abstracting stuff.
>>
>> Thanks a lot. Sadly this branch still doesn't seem to compile because of other issues (that don't seem to be related to platform portability). I think I will wait for some tagged release before rushing into experiments :)
> 
> I fully understand. After the next release my focus will be on porting to mac and linux.

FYI: i successfully compiled deadcode on GNU/Linux. it still segfaults, though, and it does that deep inside SDL_ttf, trying to render some glyphs. seems that i need to upgrade SDL_ttf (i never used that in my projects, so i never cared about it being up-to-date). will keep you informed on progress, if there will be any.

1 2
Next ›   Last »