January 20, 2020
On Sunday, 19 January 2020 at 07:04:35 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> If you switch "Item Type" of one of the D files to use the "D Compiler", you can set the import path to "..\ldc" so the engine can find imported files.

After figuring that one has to open the file properties via right-click (i.e., not available in the quick properties or however they are called), that worked, thx.

It doesn't get past the 'Analyzing...' stage though (in tooltips), no [IntelliSense] errors show up in the errors pane.
January 20, 2020

On 20/01/2020 14:48, kinke wrote:
> On Sunday, 19 January 2020 at 07:04:35 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> If you switch "Item Type" of one of the D files to use the "D Compiler", you can set the import path to "..\ldc" so the engine can find imported files.
> 
> After figuring that one has to open the file properties via right-click (i.e., not available in the quick properties or however they are called), that worked, thx.
> 
> It doesn't get past the 'Analyzing...' stage though (in tooltips), no [IntelliSense] errors show up in the errors pane.

That can happen when the semantic analysis asserts and crashes the background process.

It works better if you also configure the LDCshared project to define version identifiers MARS and IN_LLVM (separated by a ';' as in "MARS;IN_LLVM"), set the string import path "../ldc/res" and disable warnings for deprecations.
January 20, 2020
On Monday, 20 January 2020 at 22:10:58 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> That can happen when the semantic analysis asserts and crashes the background process.
>
> It works better if you also configure the LDCshared project to define version identifiers MARS and IN_LLVM (separated by a ';' as in "MARS;IN_LLVM"), set the string import path "../ldc/res" and disable warnings for deprecations.

Thx again, now I'm finally getting somewhere! Wrt. earlier, dmdserver.exe was still running in the background (but had only consumed 3 secs of CPU time and didn't seem to do anything anymore). Btw nice that that's a 64-bit executable, lots of memory for huge projects...
January 21, 2020

On 21/01/2020 00:07, kinke wrote:
> On Monday, 20 January 2020 at 22:10:58 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> That can happen when the semantic analysis asserts and crashes the background process.
>>
>> It works better if you also configure the LDCshared project to define version identifiers MARS and IN_LLVM (separated by a ';' as in "MARS;IN_LLVM"), set the string import path "../ldc/res" and disable warnings for deprecations.
> 
> Thx again, now I'm finally getting somewhere! Wrt. earlier, dmdserver.exe was still running in the background (but had only consumed 3 secs of CPU time and didn't seem to do anything anymore). Btw nice that that's a 64-bit executable, lots of memory for huge projects...

I could avoid the crashes with this change to dmd: https://github.com/rainers/dmd/commit/2b3fc197bd86fc358f349182798d8142f1564177

BTW: Don't miss to enable "Colorize identifiers from semantic analysis" for more colorful editing. This also helps the debugger a bit by identifying compile time entities that should not be displayed in a data tooltip, but the regular one which can show aliases and enum values not found in the debug information.
September 08, 2020
how is the dub support work?

i don't understand how to load it in visual studio

is there any guide?

thanks!
September 08, 2020
On Tuesday, 8 September 2020 at 18:42:28 UTC, James wrote:
> how is the dub support work?
>
> i don't understand how to load it in visual studio
>
> is there any guide?