May 07, 2020
On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 22:14:16 UTC, Marcel wrote:
> Fixed. Unfortunately the issue of the corrupt .lib still persists.

I've just tried another potential source of error, which occurs when generating (not linking) the static LTO library. That requires generating the static lib with LDC (`-lib`), as it uses LLVM's librarian/archiver with bitcode support. When using MS lib.exe, I get that LNK1107 error you've mentioned (with an object file prefix in the error msg though, unlike your example). So VisualD might use the MS librarian unconditionally in your case...
May 07, 2020
On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 23:05:30 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 22:14:16 UTC, Marcel wrote:
>> Fixed. Unfortunately the issue of the corrupt .lib still persists.
>
> I've just tried another potential source of error, which occurs when generating (not linking) the static LTO library. That requires generating the static lib with LDC (`-lib`), as it uses LLVM's librarian/archiver with bitcode support. When using MS lib.exe, I get that LNK1107 error you've mentioned (with an object file prefix in the error msg though, unlike your example). So VisualD might use the MS librarian unconditionally in your case...

That's a shame, I'll try using dub later.
May 08, 2020

On 08/05/2020 01:28, Marcel wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 23:05:30 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 22:14:16 UTC, Marcel wrote:
>>> Fixed. Unfortunately the issue of the corrupt .lib still persists.
>>
>> I've just tried another potential source of error, which occurs when generating (not linking) the static LTO library. That requires generating the static lib with LDC (`-lib`), as it uses LLVM's librarian/archiver with bitcode support. When using MS lib.exe, I get that LNK1107 error you've mentioned (with an object file prefix in the error msg though, unlike your example). So VisualD might use the MS librarian unconditionally in your case...
> 
> That's a shame, I'll try using dub later.

Please file a bug report at issues.dlang.org for compoonent visuald.
May 08, 2020
On Friday, 8 May 2020 at 07:04:28 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>
>
> On 08/05/2020 01:28, Marcel wrote:
>> On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 23:05:30 UTC, kinke wrote:
>>> On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 22:14:16 UTC, Marcel wrote:
>>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I've just tried another potential source of error, which occurs when generating (not linking) the static LTO library. That requires generating the static lib with LDC (`-lib`), as it uses LLVM's librarian/archiver with bitcode support. When using MS lib.exe, I get that LNK1107 error you've mentioned (with an object file prefix in the error msg though, unlike your example). So VisualD might use the MS librarian unconditionally in your case...
>> 
>> That's a shame, I'll try using dub later.
>
> Please file a bug report at issues.dlang.org for compoonent visuald.

Done :)
1 2
Next ›   Last »