April 07, 2021

Looks like feature falls for the reddit failure, when people post text intending for it to be wysiwyg only to be mutilated by markdown.

April 07, 2021

On Wednesday, 7 April 2021 at 12:57:50 UTC, Kagamin wrote:

>

Looks like feature falls for the reddit failure, when people post text intending for it to be wysiwyg only to be mutilated by markdown.

Indeed. Probably better UX to make Markdown opt-in instead of opt-out.

April 11, 2021

On Thursday, 1 April 2021 at 07:27:38 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

>

(This post best viewed on forum.dlang.org!)

Greetings esteemed forum users,

I am delighted to announce that as of today, you can use rich text formatting in forum.dlang.org messages.

[...]

Happy DDoc-ing!

— Vladimir

Thank you. Is there a way we can make this information easily accessible in the forum index? This thread will be buried in time and I will certainly forget the formatting rules. A nice quick guide easily accessible at the menu on the left would be nice.

April 11, 2021

On Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 21:41:16 UTC, IGotD- wrote:

>

Thank you. Is there a way we can make this information easily accessible in the forum index? This thread will be buried in time and I will certainly forget the formatting rules. A nice quick guide easily accessible at the menu on the left would be nice.

Click on the "Help" link at the upper-right of any forum page.

April 11, 2021

On Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 22:30:00 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:

>

On Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 21:41:16 UTC, IGotD- wrote:

>

Click on the "Help" link at the upper-right of any forum page.

Nice to see that you beat me to it.

April 11, 2021
On 4/11/21 6:42 PM, IGotD- wrote:
> On Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 22:30:00 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
>> Click on the "Help" link at the upper-right of any forum page.
> 
> Nice to see that you beat me to it.

Also, the "Markdown" part of the "Enable Markdown" label for the checkbox is clickable and brings you directly to the help for it.

To remind everyone, all the information in the OP of this thread was an April fools joke, and not correct.

-Steve
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next ›   Last »