It would be really awesome if you could play around with making the AST available during compilation so we can alter it using ctfe.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Namespace <rswhite4@googlemail.com> wrote:
On Monday, 29 October 2012 at 22:09:02 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Namespace:

Not interested, huh? Funny, that I had not expected.

Maybe they appreciate more something that improves the life of regular D programmers. There are many possible ways to do that, like trying to design features that quite probably will be added to D, or trying library ideas that will become part of Phobos, trying new GC features, trying new Phobos modules, and so on and on.

Otherwise you risk creating another Delight (http://delight.sourceforge.net/ ) that no one uses, it's just a waste of time for you too.

Bye,
bearophile

Yes, but I need input. Tell me some ideas and I'll try to implement them. So you could just test new features in the real world, instead of just talking about them theoretically.
And it is not 'waste of time'. Me and my fellow students use D as early as the second Semester for almost all university projects. But as '(pre) compiler' we use Remus just because we miss some features, such as not-null references, since the first week. And it's a damn good exercise to understand, how a compiler works. :)