That is fricken' awesome. Interesting times ahead, for you, and for us as a community.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Following an increasing desire to focus on working on the D language and foundation, I have recently made the difficult decision to part ways with Facebook, my employer of five years and nine months.

Facebook has impacted my career and life very positively, and I am grateful to have been a part of it for this long. The time has come for me, however, to fully focus on pushing D forward. As sorry I am for leaving a good and secure career behind, I am excited many times over about the great challenges and opportunities going forward.

Next step with the D Language Foundation is a formal talk with the foundation's prospective attorney tomorrow. I hope to get the foundation in motion as soon as possible, though I'm told there are numerous steps to complete. I will keep this forum posted about progress.

I'm also glad to announce that the D Language Foundation already has a donor - I have decided to contribute my books' royalties to it. I encourage others to respond in kind.

Thanks,

Andrei