On 23 June 2015 at 18:40, Marko Anastasov via D.gnu <d.gnu@puremagic.com> wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 14:57:55 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 23 June 2015 at 12:31, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@gdcproject.org> wrote:
On 23 June 2015 at 10:15, Marko Anastasov via D.gnu <d.gnu@puremagic.com> wrote:
On Monday, 22 June 2015 at 08:56:54 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

So, I'd be willing to hear of alternatives:

https://semaphoreci.com  - However CPU's given are 2, and time to build and run tests is limited to 60 minutes.

Hi Iain,

Semaphore cofounder here. The first point is correct, however the 60 minute limit applies to single build commands, not the entire build. If you can compose your build of n commands, each < 60 minutes, it'll be fine.

I invite you to give Semaphore a try. We'd love your feedback. And I'm here for any questions you may have. :)

Hi Marko,

Thanks for the update.  Yes, each command step is easily done in 20 minutes.  I just have a few questions which I couldn't find answers for in the documentation.

OK, I went ahead and tried it out anyway, and was surprised to find that everything went smoothly on the first (proper) build!
 So I send out my kudos to Marko on the ease of use (once I got around how the interface works).

I’m very happy to hear that — thanks!

I’ll reply to your earlier questions below.

1. What kind of storage and memory quotas are in-place on the build environment?

4GB of storage is fine. Currently we have a ~4GB soft limit on RAM, going over that would notify us and we’d discuss it with you directly.

OK, good to know.  Let's hope that the current parallel settings don't trigger the the soft limit too often then.

3. How are caches in Semaphore stored?  Is there a size limit for files in cache?  Do they expire?

You can consider them to be on the same local network where the machine running your build is. There’s a special `.semaphore-cache` directory which you can use to store arbitrary files:

https://semaphoreci.com/docs/caching-between-builds.html

Cache hit is not yet 99% but it’s our goal to reach it.

So it is possible to manage the `.semaphore-cache` directory in a scriptable way then?  I'm thinking in terms of checking whether a tarball exists either downloading or extracting based on the outcome.

I see that is an `Expire Dependency Cache` button for the build, I assume this cleans up the `.semaphore-cache` directory for us.

Iain