On 13 December 2013 23:53, Szymon Gatner <noemail@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday, 13 December 2013 at 13:06:16 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On Friday, 13 December 2013 at 12:37:21 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
Hi, I am experienced C++ programmer, recently switched to indie gamedev (1 title released commercially, another on the way). I am really interested in this for 2 reasons:
1) a chance to work with someone of your experience
2) as soon as it is possible (that would be D working on iOS) I would like to do a transition from C++ to D in our projects so new experience in D (and in the industry) is just perfect

Please consider me!

>From the sounds of it, it'll be a community project so no worries, just join in.
Have a talk with the GDC compiler guys about helping with ARM support and getting on iOS. They could definitely use the help!
Although from my knowledge there probably will be issues with tool chain not verified by Apple.

Thing is, I feel nowhere near qualified to work on a compiler. And compiler is really just a beginning. Even with Xcode preparing iOS app that is written in C++ and not Objective-C is still far from easy.

Really? Everything I've ever written on iOS was in full C++, with just one .m file to boot, and marshall the view and input events :)
I think doing the same with D would be equally trivial. A game doesn't need access to the full iOS UI library. Any OS service calls can be wrapped in C functions in the marshalling .m file.