http://vibed.org/docs#handling-segmentation-faults
this should help

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 8:17 AM, Thorsten Sommer via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
Thank you very much for the different approaches. Vladimir, I installed the GDB today and try to gain new insights with it. Rikki, we are aware of the advantages of LDC. But first of all we want the program to run with DMD. After that we would then switch to LDC.

I have already introduced try-catch blocks on "Throwable" around all program parts, which unfortunately does not work. We also use logging. Unfortunately, these measures do not work.

Moritz, thank you for the idea of checking the exit code. I have adjusted the Dockerfile accordingly: Our code leads to at least one segmentation fault. I hope to be able to identify the position with GDB.

Qznc, we just put your suggestion into practice. Hope to find out more with GDB now. Installed GDB in the Docker container and automated the launch. Should actually work, the test is running while I am writing this text.

Ali, thanks for the tip with OOM Killer. I never knew that fact before. At the moment it is the case that segmentation fault occurs before we even begin to reach a memory limit. However, I will keep this in mind for further work and testing.

Thank you all so much. We will now work with GDB and hopefully solve the problem.