Russel Winder
Mar 01, 2015
Russel Winder
February 28, 2015
On 28 Feb 2015, at 13:00, Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> I generally build LDC from master/HEAD on both Debian Sid and Fedora
> Rawhide. Something has changed in the build relating to bash
> completion in the last 7(-ish) days, at least on Rawhide:

This is probably related to https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/840.

I assume you are using CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to redirect the LDC files? If your bash-completion package ships a CMake module, the LDC build process now reads the latter and then presumably decides to install the completion files to the system-wide directory.

— David
February 28, 2015
On Sat, 2015-02-28 at 15:56 +0100, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> On 28 Feb 2015, at 13:00, Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> > I generally build LDC from master/HEAD on both Debian Sid and Fedora Rawhide. Something has changed in the build relating to bash completion in the last 7(-ish) days, at least on Rawhide:
> 
> This is probably related to https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/840.
> 
> I assume you are using CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to redirect the LDC files? If your bash-completion package ships a CMake module, the LDC build process now reads the latter and then presumably decides to install the completion files to the system-wide directory.

Isn't this then a fault in the LDC build. If I set the install prefix (you are right that is exactly what I do), shouldn't the LDC installation be dealing with this.

From what I can see the cmake_install.cmake file in the build directory just has the wrong, system-wide, directory. I cleaned the whole build area an re-did it with the same result.

Any ideas how to to tell CMake to do the right thing since it doesn't do it by default?

-- 
Russel. ============================================================================= Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel@winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

March 01, 2015
It seems this is a problem only (for me) on Fedora Rawhide, Debian Sid appears to do the right thing. It would seem therefore there is a problem relating only to CMake versions?  Debian Sid has 3.0.2, whereas Fedora Rawhide has 3.2.0.

On Sat, 2015-02-28 at 15:51 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-02-28 at 15:56 +0100, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d- ldc wrote:
> > On 28 Feb 2015, at 13:00, Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> > > I generally build LDC from master/HEAD on both Debian Sid and Fedora Rawhide. Something has changed in the build relating to bash completion in the last 7(-ish) days, at least on Rawhide:
> > 
> > This is probably related to https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/840.
> > 
> > I assume you are using CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to redirect the LDC files? If your bash-completion package ships a CMake module, the LDC build process now reads the latter and then presumably decides to install the completion files to the system-wide directory.
> 
> Isn't this then a fault in the LDC build. If I set the install prefix (you are right that is exactly what I do), shouldn't the LDC installation be dealing with this.
> 
> From what I can see the cmake_install.cmake file in the build directory just has the wrong, system-wide, directory. I cleaned the whole build area an re-did it with the same result.
> 
> Any ideas how to to tell CMake to do the right thing since it doesn't do it by default?
> 
-- 
Russel. ============================================================================= Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel@winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder