Oct 10, 2015
Kai Nacke
Oct 10, 2015
Russel Winder
October 10, 2015
On 10 Oct 2015, at 15:46, Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> Error: Unexpected number of object.TypeInfo_Struct fields; druntime
> version does not match compiler

Are you absolutely positive that there is no old copy of "object" being picked up somewhere (-v)?

Did you try using a fresh build directory?

— David
October 10, 2015
On Sat, 2015-10-10 at 15:51 +0200, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d- ldc wrote:
> On 10 Oct 2015, at 15:46, Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> > Error: Unexpected number of object.TypeInfo_Struct fields; druntime version does not match compiler
> 
> Are you absolutely positive that there is no old copy of "object"
> being
> picked up somewhere (-v)?

No I am not. Mostly because I have no idea where alternate version might come from. :-(

I'm afraid I am not picking up the hint about -v, is there a command I
should be giving to get the information needed?

> Did you try using a fresh build directory?

Originally no, but I removed the old build directory and did a new cmake. Built everything and installed, but got the same problem.

Then I removed the whole of ~/Built/include/d and reinstalled and everything worked. :-)

So the problem is that installation is not cleaning up old stuff. Thus I think an uninstall needs to be undertaken before an install. If I remember correctly CMake is fairly useless at uninstall.

Apologies if I have been making an obvious error.

-- 
Russel. ============================================================================= Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel@winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

October 10, 2015
On Saturday, 10 October 2015 at 15:20:41 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-10-10 at 15:51 +0200, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d- ldc wrote:
>> On 10 Oct 2015, at 15:46, Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
>> > Error: Unexpected number of object.TypeInfo_Struct fields; druntime version does not match compiler
>> 
>> Are you absolutely positive that there is no old copy of "object"
>> being
>> picked up somewhere (-v)?
>
> No I am not. Mostly because I have no idea where alternate version might come from. :-(
>
> I'm afraid I am not picking up the hint about -v, is there a command I
> should be giving to get the information needed?

Hi Russel,

with -v option passed to ldc2 the compiler outputs information about the read files into the console. It helps a lot if you see that object.di is not read from the expected directory but from somewhere else.

Regards,
Kai
October 10, 2015
On Sat, 2015-10-10 at 15:33 +0000, Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc
wrote:
[…]
> 

Kai,

> with -v option passed to ldc2 the compiler outputs information about the read files into the console. It helps a lot if you see that object.di is not read from the expected directory but from somewhere else.

Aha. Good to know this. Sorry I didn't already.

-- 
Russel. ============================================================================= Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel@winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder