View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
September 22, 2006
Re: Build v3.03 released
I forgot to mention &  since you are fixing things... the same problem 
occurs with the .RES file, a '+' is on there after the file and before 
the linker flags. The linker doesn't seem to care but it really 
shouldn't be there.


Derek Parnell wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:17:57 -0400, dickl wrote:
> 
>> That won't quite work, it leaves a trailing '+' which the linker doesn't 
>> like.
> 
> LOL. Yeah, I found that out in my testing.
> 
> Here is the code I ended up using....
> 
>                 lLibraryFiles = vDefaultLibs ~ lLibraryFiles;
>                 if (lLibraryFiles.length > 0)
>                 {
>                     foreach( int i, char[] lLib; lLibraryFiles)
>                     {
>                         lLib =  std.path.addExt(lLib, vLibExtention);
>                         if (i > 0)
>                             lCommandLine ~= vArgFileDelim;
>                         lCommandLine ~= vLinkLibSwitch ~
>                                         util.str.enquote(lLib);
>                     }
>                 }
>                 lCommandLine ~= "\n";
> 
> This caters for situations where the 'vArgFileDelim' is longer than one
> character.
>
September 28, 2006
Re: Build v3.03 released
Derek,

this build does not have the _bn fix?  Does it?  I tried it and it still 
does not increase the build count.

"Derek Parnell" wrote in message 
news:1chqqg0sml1xa.lnznj8tffy3u$.dlg@40tude.net...
> Release 3.03 (build #2371) is now available 20 Sep 2006
> URL: http://www.dsource.org/projects/build
>
> Change Log Summary
> ------------------
> ** FIX: Ticket #33 For unix editions, 'pthread' is now a default library,
> '-g' is used instead of '/co' to generate debug data, '-o ' is used 
> instead
> of '-of', and spaces are placed in between consecutive '-L' switches. Note
> that if you want to place library files on the command line, you still 
> have
> to include the '.a' file suffix.
>
> ** FIX: Ticket #34 For GNU, 'gdc' is the default linker, the library 
> switch
> is now '-L-l', 'gphobos' is used instead of 'phobos', and the makefile
> includes the '-version=BuildVerbose' switch.
>
> ** FIX: Ticket #35 It is now possible to use relative paths on the command
> line files.
>
> ** FIX If you use the '-od' switch then the '-op' switch is not used.
>
> ** CHG: Ticket #36 The default name for the executable is now 'bud', but
> you can change it to anything you like.
>
> ** CHG: Ticket #37 Changed defaults to support GDC out-of-the-box.
>
> ** ENH The utility now also checks for a '[darwin]' section in the
> Configuration File.
>
> ** ENH The utility now supports the import syntax that was introduced with
> DMD v0.163.
>
> ** ENH The distribution now includes example configuration files for a
> number of environments.
>
> ** ENH The Configuration File now supports a new FINAL command that allows
> you to run jobs after a successful build.
>
>
> There are a number of example configuration files now distributed with the
> source. Please select the one closest to your own environment and tweak as
> needed if you are having problems with the 'default' settings. If you 
> can't
> get it to run using the compiler/linker/librarian of your choice after
> trying the configuration files, please let me know.
>
> Note that the distributed Windows executable files have been compressed
> with UPX. This shouldn't be an issue but I thought you might like to know.
>
> _________________
> -- 
> Derek
> (skype: derek.j.parnell)
> Melbourne, Australia
> "Down with mediocrity!"
> 21/09/2006 6:12:20 PM
September 28, 2006
Re: Build v3.03 released
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:52:43 -0400, jicman wrote:

> Derek,
> 
> this build does not have the _bn fix?  Does it?  I tried it and it still 
> does not increase the build count.

Damn!? It doesn't? I'll go and check 'cos it was supposed to.

-- 
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)
Melbourne, Australia
"Down with mediocrity!"
28/09/2006 3:49:52 PM
October 10, 2006
Re: Build v3.03 released - win binary of fixed version please
Can someone please send me the windows binary of fixed version of build 
 ? I cannot compile my projects :-(

Thanks
ns

Derek Parnell wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:17:57 -0400, dickl wrote:
> 
>> That won't quite work, it leaves a trailing '+' which the linker doesn't 
>> like.
> 
> LOL. Yeah, I found that out in my testing.
> 
> Here is the code I ended up using....
> 
>                 lLibraryFiles = vDefaultLibs ~ lLibraryFiles;
>                 if (lLibraryFiles.length > 0)
>                 {
>                     foreach( int i, char[] lLib; lLibraryFiles)
>                     {
>                         lLib =  std.path.addExt(lLib, vLibExtention);
>                         if (i > 0)
>                             lCommandLine ~= vArgFileDelim;
>                         lCommandLine ~= vLinkLibSwitch ~
>                                         util.str.enquote(lLib);
>                     }
>                 }
>                 lCommandLine ~= "\n";
> 
> This caters for situations where the 'vArgFileDelim' is longer than one
> character.
>
October 10, 2006
Re: Build v3.03 released - win binary of fixed version please
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:33:11 -0400, ns wrote:

> Can someone please send me the windows binary of fixed version of build 
>   ? I cannot compile my projects :-(

I was going to release 3.04 yesterday but dsource was down for me. I just
checked and its up again so I'll make a release in the next few hours.

-- 
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia
"Down with mediocrity!"
Next ›   Last »
1 2 3
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home