Apr 10, 2005
Kris
Apr 10, 2005
Denis R
Apr 10, 2005
Denis R
April 09, 2005
Hey,

Where do I find InBuffer ? I 've seen a couple of places mention it, in phobos lib, and in html docs. But, I cant find it anywhere seems.
April 09, 2005
"Denis R" <denis_r@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:20050410000406.3555b072.denis_r@telkomsa.net...
> Hey,
>
> Where do I find InBuffer ? I 've seen a couple of places mention it, in
> phobos lib, and in html docs. But,
> I cant find it anywhere seems.

It doesn't seem to exist.  This is understandable - there is no way to know what the original data types were when the buffer was written out, and there is std.stream.BufferedStream, which seems to obviate the need for something like OutBuffer and InBuffer.

I suppose, if you really need an InBuffer, you could make one yourself.

April 09, 2005
Yes, you could make your own. Just wanted to make sure first.

I like OutBuffer ;)

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:51:07 -0400
"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Denis R" <denis_r@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:20050410000406.3555b072.denis_r@telkomsa.net...
> > Hey,
> >
> > Where do I find InBuffer ? I 've seen a couple of places mention it, in
> > phobos lib, and in html docs. But,
> > I cant find it anywhere seems.
> 
> It doesn't seem to exist.  This is understandable - there is no way to know what the original data types were when the buffer was written out, and there is std.stream.BufferedStream, which seems to obviate the need for something like OutBuffer and InBuffer.
> 
> I suppose, if you really need an InBuffer, you could make one yourself.
> 
> 
April 10, 2005
"Denis R" <denis_r@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:20050410013044.695fddec.denis_r@telkomsa.net...
> I like OutBuffer ;)

Oh, you would.  ;)

It is a kind of interesting thing, though I'm not sure what you'd use it for.  Maybe sending stuff over the network?

April 10, 2005
You guys might find some interest in mango.io, over at dsource. In particular, it uses a single fifo-buffer for both read and write (if you so desire) which can be hooked up to "back ends" such as files, sockets, etc; and hooked up to "front-ends" such as Readers and Writers.

That represents the core of mango.io, so it's kinda' like a combination of OutBuffer and InBuffer on steroids.

Oh, and it is used for sending and recieving things around the network. For example, Mango.cluster does just that for D classes, and mango.http uses it as a notable part of both the HTTP server & client.

- Kris

"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d3a38d$vq2$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> "Denis R" <denis_r@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:20050410013044.695fddec.denis_r@telkomsa.net...
> > I like OutBuffer ;)
>
> Oh, you would.  ;)
>
> It is a kind of interesting thing, though I'm not sure what you'd use it for.  Maybe sending stuff over the network?
>
>

April 10, 2005
Yes i think its nice for preparing things to be sent it over net.

I was first thinking i would have to make uchar[size] buff myself, and then memcpy() into it.
But then i've found that buffer :)

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:36:04 -0400
"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Denis R" <denis_r@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:20050410013044.695fddec.denis_r@telkomsa.net...
> > I like OutBuffer ;)
> 
> Oh, you would.  ;)
> 
> It is a kind of interesting thing, though I'm not sure what you'd use it for.  Maybe sending stuff over the network?
> 
> 
April 10, 2005
I would like to look at it sometime.

I dont see a link to mango at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html

Google later :)

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:10:57 -0700
"Kris" <fu@bar.com> wrote:
> You guys might find some interest in mango.io, over at dsource. In particular, it uses a single fifo-buffer for both read and write (if you so desire) which can be hooked up to "back ends" such as files, sockets, etc; and hooked up to "front-ends" such as Readers and Writers.
> 
> That represents the core of mango.io, so it's kinda' like a combination of OutBuffer and InBuffer on steroids.
> 
> Oh, and it is used for sending and recieving things around the network. For example, Mango.cluster does just that for D classes, and mango.http uses it as a notable part of both the HTTP server & client.
> 
> - Kris
> 
> 
> "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d3a38d$vq2$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> > "Denis R" <denis_r@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:20050410013044.695fddec.denis_r@telkomsa.net...
> > > I like OutBuffer ;)
> >
> > Oh, you would.  ;)
> >
> > It is a kind of interesting thing, though I'm not sure what you'd use it for.  Maybe sending stuff over the network?
> >
> >
> 
> 
April 10, 2005
Denis R wrote:
> I would like to look at it sometime.
> 
> I dont see a link to mango at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html
> 
> Google later :)
>