View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
Am Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:47:31 +0100
schrieb Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich@gmail.com>:

> On 2/10/13, alex <info@alexanderbothe.com> wrote:
> > So, which mime is there (left) to take?
> 
> dlang? x-dlang? or something like that.

For C it is actually text/x-c on Linux, so it is tempting to
use text/x-d. But since D isn't the god language that C is to
Unix, and there was already another D language, I'd vote for
x-dlang.

1100110, does vim tell you the MIME type it thinks dtrace
files have? If it is text/x-d, it would void this option
anyway.

-- 
Marco
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On Sunday, 10 February 2013 at 18:43:58 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> If you want it to be implemented on linux, probably ask on a
> FreeDesktop mailing list, freedesktop.org maintains the linux 
> mime
> database.

On my system (Fedora 18) there's /usr/share/mime/text/x-dsrc.xml 
that contains these lines:

<sub-class-of type="text/x-csrc"/>
<glob pattern="*.d"/>

Given that this was installed by default, it seems that someone 
already made a decision on this.
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On 02/10/2013 12:59 PM, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:47:31 +0100
> schrieb Andrej Mitrovic<andrej.mitrovich@gmail.com>:
>
>> On 2/10/13, alex<info@alexanderbothe.com>  wrote:
>>> So, which mime is there (left) to take?
>>
>> dlang? x-dlang? or something like that.
>
> For C it is actually text/x-c on Linux, so it is tempting to
> use text/x-d. But since D isn't the god language that C is to
> Unix, and there was already another D language, I'd vote for
> x-dlang.
>
> 1100110, does vim tell you the MIME type it thinks dtrace
> files have? If it is text/x-d, it would void this option
> anyway.
>

I don't know, I opened the file out of curiosity.
I don't even know how to get vim to show MIME rather than filetype.
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
Am Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:00:44 +0100
schrieb "Brian Schott" <briancschott@gmail.com>:

> On Sunday, 10 February 2013 at 18:43:58 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> > If you want it to be implemented on linux, probably ask on a
> > FreeDesktop mailing list, freedesktop.org maintains the linux 
> > mime
> > database.
> 
> On my system (Fedora 18) there's /usr/share/mime/text/x-dsrc.xml 
> that contains these lines:
> 
> <sub-class-of type="text/x-csrc"/>
> <glob pattern="*.d"/>
> 
> Given that this was installed by default, it seems that someone 
> already made a decision on this.

Oh I see it now, I just have to run update-mime-database again.
Alright then, I'll ask them to add *.di and we are set.

-- 
Marco
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
Am Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:18:27 +0100
schrieb Marco Leise <Marco.Leise@gmx.de>:

> Alright then, I'll ask them to add *.di and we are set.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=60605

-- 
Marco
February 10, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:22:56 +0100
"alex" <info@alexanderbothe.com> wrote:
> Isn't there a bigger registration process required in terms of 
> ISO or such?

Not for the stuff that starts with "x-" (much like http headers).
February 11, 2013
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On 10/02/2013 21:01, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 18:22:56 +0100
> "alex" <info@alexanderbothe.com> wrote:
>> Isn't there a bigger registration process required in terms of
>> ISO or such?
>
> Not for the stuff that starts with "x-" (much like http headers).

But still, we probably should aim in the longer term to get a MIME type actually registered.

Stewart.
May 23
Re: We forgot to define a MIME-type for D!
On Sunday, 10 February 2013 at 17:15:40 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> Oh noes...
> Now Mono-Develop used text/x-d and Pygments uses text/x-dsrc.

FreeDesktop guys have set `text/x-dsrc` to be the MIME type for 
the D source files.

You can find it in /usr/share/mime/globs file.
Next ›   Last »
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home