ketmar
Oct 14, 2014
ketmar
Oct 19, 2014
ketmar
October 14, 2014
On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 01:48:12 +0300
ketmar via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

fixed some bugs, made default function args to work again and... GDC is in game again!

sorry, Iain, i'm not ready to make a bugreport. neither i'm sure it worth the efforts, as GDC will be 2.066 eventually.

anyway, returning of GDC is a big win for me, as it's the compiler i'm using for my projects.

October 14, 2014

next task in the list: make AA variables work.

possible task: make array variables work, supporting all kinds of array element types.

ask your questions, make your suggestions! i will answer the firsts and reject the seconds.

October 19, 2014

some news for those who still interested:

* made const and static fields work
 * made static methods work
 * made @ConXXX attributes on methods and fields work
 * added telnet sample (sorry, GNU/Linux only, i have no other OSes)

no AAs yet, sorry.

and no, i will *not* add scripting language. no conditions, no assignments, no variable expanding. it's not a scripting system, and i never intend it to be one.

yet if you *really* want to grow a monster, you can use ConObjects for this, albeit not without modifying the sources.

p.s. telnet sample using Fibers and very simple and idiotic sheduler. yes, it supports multiple simultaneous connections (at least in theory). it shouldn't be very hard to port that sample to another OS too.

be aware that cong does no locking, so if you want to use it in multithreaded environment, you have to register free functions to work with objects. yet cong using atomicLoad and atomicStore for arithmetic variables, so it provides at least some sort of thread-safety. ;-)