Jan Knepper wrote:
> 
> > MS-DOS 6.22, Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Netscape Navigator 4.08
> 
> That's won't help you a lot! <g>
> May be you should install Linux/FreeBSD and run one of the clients on
> those platforms!
> 
> Sorry, I do not know about any newer version for Windows 3.11... I guess the version you are running now is a Win32s version?

I don't think it needs Win32's to run. Also, I don't think the latest OS's are required to do DOS programming.

> Good luck!
> Jan

-- 
<!-Outsider//->
MS-DOS 6.22, Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Netscape Communicator 4.08
July 09, 2001
Outsider wrote:

> > Sorry, I do not know about any newer version for Windows 3.11... I guess the version you are running now is a Win32s version?
> I don't think it needs Win32's to run.

That would be surprizing, but than, what do I know. I run Windows 16 bits versions a long time ago. It would be kinda surprizing though as at at certain moment about everything seemed to require Win32s being installed...

> Also, I don't think the latest OS's are required to do DOS programming.

You're right about that one!

Jan

October 03, 2001
Hi Lance!

Please if possible, post questions like these to the newsgroup at news://news.digitalmars.com/c++.dos

To be able to help you further with you question, can you tell me (cut+paste) the exact message the compiler/linker gives? When the linker is referencing an undefined symbol there is most likeky a library missing...

Hope this helps,
Jan

Lance Mueller wrote:

> Jan,
>
> I am a novice C programmer just beginning to learn and came across your compiler....
>
> I want to accesss the bios library and have downloaded all the packages...(comiler, dos16, dos32 and utils)
>
> Although I cannot find any documentation on how to utilize the add-on
> dos16 bit lirary functions (biosdisk)
> My test program compiles, but when it tries to link it says I am
> referencing a undefined symbol...
>
> What else should I be doing to utilize those add-on libraries???
>
> Thanks, Lance
>
> Jan Knepper wrote:
>
> > The following new newsgroups have been created:
> > c++.dos.16-bits
> > c++.dos.32-bits
> > c++.windows.16-bits
> > c++.windows.32-bits
> >
> > I hope we all will post our messages as much as possible to the appropriate groups. I think the names are explanatory enough, if not, let me know! <g>
> >
> > Also, if you have idea's or suggestions for other newsgroups let me know as I rather create new newsgroups in advance than afterwards.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jan

1 2
Next ›   Last »