View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
April 17, 2012
Re: -od (outputdir) build flag for gdmd
On 4/15/12, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling@webdrake.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is gdmd missing the -od flag (outputdir for built objects) that dmd
> provides?

It seems to work just fine? Object files get dumped into the output
dir just like with dmd.
E.g.:
gdmd -odsubdir test.d
April 17, 2012
Re: -od (outputdir) build flag for gdmd
On 17 April 2012 03:30, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/15/12, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling@webdrake.net> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Is gdmd missing the -od flag (outputdir for built objects) that dmd
>> provides?
>
> It seems to work just fine? Object files get dumped into the output
> dir just like with dmd.
> E.g.:
> gdmd -odsubdir test.d

I think 'subdir' must exist for that to work, but I might be wrong.
It's only a perl script so in theory should be easily solvable by
anyone willing. :~)


-- 
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
April 17, 2012
Re: -od (outputdir) build flag for gdmd
On 17/04/12 13:05, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> I think 'subdir' must exist for that to work, but I might be wrong.
> It's only a perl script so in theory should be easily solvable by
> anyone willing. :~)

Well, here's the situation.  I've pulled a copy of the SciD code[1] and tweaked 
the build script to replace dmd with gdmd.  The essential build command is,

   gdmd [a lot of sources] -lib -odgenerated -oflibscid.a

... which if run, produces the "generated" subdir but places the output file 
libscid.a in the current directory.  This happens consistently, even if the 
"generated" dir already exists.

The building of headers using the -Hd option works correctly.


-----
[1] https://github.com/kyllingstad/scid
April 17, 2012
Re: -od (outputdir) build flag for gdmd
>     gdmd [a lot of sources] -lib -odgenerated -oflibscid.a
>
> ... which if run, produces the "generated" subdir but places the output  
> file libscid.a in the current directory.  This happens consistently,  
> even if the "generated" dir already exists.

https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/issue/283/gdmd-libraries-not-put-into-od-dir
April 17, 2012
Re: -od (outputdir) build flag for gdmd
On 17/04/12 15:58, Trass3r wrote:
> https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/issue/283/gdmd-libraries-not-put-into-od-dir

Ah, cool.  This fix didn't make it into the 4.6.3 release, I take it. :-(
April 17, 2012
Re: -od (outputdir) build flag for gdmd
On 17 April 2012 15:14, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling@webdrake.net> wrote:
> On 17/04/12 15:58, Trass3r wrote:
>>
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/issue/283/gdmd-libraries-not-put-into-od-dir
>
>
> Ah, cool.  This fix didn't make it into the 4.6.3 release, I take it. :-(
>

It'll be in 4.7.0 and later. :)


-- 
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
April 17, 2012
Re: -od (outputdir) build flag for gdmd
On 17/04/12 16:27, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> It'll be in 4.7.0 and later. :)

Cool. :-)  Are there any plans to maintain a PPA to package this for earlier 
Debian/Ubuntu releases?  Could be tricky I guess, as these only have GCC 4.6 and 
earlier.
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home