Christian Köstlin
May 10, 2012
Jonathan M Davis
May 10, 2012
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 07:05:27PM +0200, Christian Köstlin wrote:
> On 05/10/2012 06:21 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> >Hello all,
> >
> >Is there any way to specify individual Phobos modules to unittest when building, instead of having to do the whole lot?
> >
> >When working on 1 single module, it'd be nice to be able to unittest that one alone and not have to worry about doing the complete set of tests until ready to push back to GitHub.
> >
> >Can anyone advise?
> >
> >Thanks & best wishes,
> >
> >-- Joe
> the tests are not executed at compile time but instead at runtime before main(). so you have to compile the modules seperately, and only the modules you want to test with the unittest flag.
[...]

This is not true of Phobos; the Phobos makefile has a separate rule for building (and running) unittests. The OP's question is, how to make this run only a single module's tests as opposed to the entire Phobos (which takes a while, since some of the tests are quite extensive).

T

-- 
Chance favours the prepared mind. -- Louis Pasteur
May 10, 2012
sorry ... i did not get this, as i never have developed phobos.

May 10, 2012
On Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:14:12 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 07:05:27PM +0200, Christian Köstlin wrote:
> > On 05/10/2012 06:21 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> > >Hello all,
> > >
> > >Is there any way to specify individual Phobos modules to unittest when building, instead of having to do the whole lot?
> > >
> > >When working on 1 single module, it'd be nice to be able to unittest that one alone and not have to worry about doing the complete set of tests until ready to push back to GitHub.
> > >
> > >Can anyone advise?
> > >
> > >Thanks & best wishes,
> > >
> > >-- Joe
> > 
> > the tests are not executed at compile time but instead at runtime before main(). so you have to compile the modules seperately, and only the modules you want to test with the unittest flag.
> 
> [...]
> 
> This is not true of Phobos; the Phobos makefile has a separate rule for building (and running) unittests. The OP's question is, how to make this run only a single module's tests as opposed to the entire Phobos (which takes a while, since some of the tests are quite extensive).

I believe that it's possible. I think that Andrei does it (he posted commands related to that at one point, but I couldn't get them to work), but I don't know how. I just always run the whole test suite. This is a question that would probably be better asked on either the main list or the Phobos list, since the ones most likely to know are Phobos devs, and a number of them do not pay attention to D.Learn.

- Jonathan M Davis