September 01, 2003
It's in the nature of a newsgroup such as this that many postings are of a negative nature, e.g. bug reports.

I just wanted to add a bit of balance by saying once again just how much I appreciate Walters efforts (not to mention the regular posters who are also contributing their time).

I hope that I can look back in a few years time and realise that I witnessed the birth of a language rivalling C++ or Java in popularity.

Thanks again.

Tony


September 01, 2003
"Tony West" <Tony_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message news:biusnf$kd8$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> It's in the nature of a newsgroup such as this that many postings are of a negative nature, e.g. bug reports.

People who know me know that I have an incredibly thick skin <g>. I like bug reports, they flush out the problems so they can get fixed. Fixed bug reports wind up in the D test suite, so they can't happen again.


> I just wanted to add a bit of balance by saying once again just how much I appreciate Walters efforts (not to mention the regular posters who are
also
> contributing their time).

Thank you. There are a lot of contributors to The D Project here besides myself! Check out all the cool stuff on www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html


> I hope that I can look back in a few years time and realise that I
witnessed the
> birth of a language rivalling C++ or Java in popularity.

Yes. I am especially pleased with how far we've come considering that there's no corporation behind us pushing with a billion dollar marketing campaign. (The D ad budget is $0.00.) The last couple of months have seen a big surge in D's popularity, and that's entirely due to its merits and the enthusiasm of the people here.


> Thanks again.

You're welcome.


September 01, 2003
> I hope that I can look back in a few years time and realise that I
witnessed the
> birth of a language rivalling C++ or Java in popularity.

You will!

I agree though, I often see bug reports that look more like an attack on the language than an actual report.  Like "Why cant D do this", or "at least in C++ ...".  I'd like to see a freindlier, more effective approach to reporting bugs.

Thanks,
Charles

"Tony West" <Tony_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message news:biusnf$kd8$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> It's in the nature of a newsgroup such as this that many postings are of a negative nature, e.g. bug reports.
>
> I just wanted to add a bit of balance by saying once again just how much I appreciate Walters efforts (not to mention the regular posters who are
also
> contributing their time).
>
> I hope that I can look back in a few years time and realise that I
witnessed the
> birth of a language rivalling C++ or Java in popularity.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Tony
>
>


September 01, 2003
"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bj013h$2647$1@digitaldaemon.com...
| I agree though, I often see bug reports that look more like an attack on
the
| language than an actual report.  Like "Why cant D do this", or "at least
in
| C++ ...".  I'd like to see a freindlier, more effective approach to
| reporting bugs.
|
| Thanks,
| Charles
|

I'm gonna have to change the way I post bugs ;)

————————————————————— Carlos Santander


---

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.514 / Virus Database: 312 - Release Date: 2003-08-28


September 01, 2003
"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294@msn.com> wrote in message news:bj0e1s$2n9r$3@digitaldaemon.com...
> I'm gonna have to change the way I post bugs ;)

The best kind of bug reports are short and to the point. You can include a flame with them if you like, I don't mind <g>.


September 02, 2003
I reckon I'm going to make Walter an honorary Yorkshireman, he's skin's so tough. Don't worry about it. :)

"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting@comcast.net> wrote in message news:bj013h$2647$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> > I hope that I can look back in a few years time and realise that I
> witnessed the
> > birth of a language rivalling C++ or Java in popularity.
>
> You will!
>
> I agree though, I often see bug reports that look more like an attack on
the
> language than an actual report.  Like "Why cant D do this", or "at least
in
> C++ ...".  I'd like to see a freindlier, more effective approach to reporting bugs.
>
> Thanks,
> Charles
>
> "Tony West" <Tony_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message news:biusnf$kd8$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> > It's in the nature of a newsgroup such as this that many postings are of
a
> > negative nature, e.g. bug reports.
> >
> > I just wanted to add a bit of balance by saying once again just how much
I
> > appreciate Walters efforts (not to mention the regular posters who are
> also
> > contributing their time).
> >
> > I hope that I can look back in a few years time and realise that I
> witnessed the
> > birth of a language rivalling C++ or Java in popularity.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Tony
> >
> >
>
>


Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home