Jump to page: 1 2
Thread overview
A list of all the awesome people who made D possible
Dec 18
Seb
Dec 18
Mengu
Dec 18
Basile B.
Dec 18
Seb
Dec 18
Seb
Dec 18
ketmar
Dec 18
Basile B.
Dec 19
Seb
December 18
D wouldn't be this powerful, rocking language as it is today without all its contributors who worked very hard on improving.
To start showing our gratitude and as a token of appreciation, we have started listing all the awesome people who made D possible on dlang.org:

https://dlang.org/contributors.html

The upcoming 2.078.0 release notes will also contain a listing of all the amazing people who made 2.078 a reality:

https://dlang.org/changelog/pending.html

This information is aggregated over all core D repositories (dmd, druntime, phobos, tools, dlang.org, installer).
For the nerds, as of now the information is extracted from 45389 commits.
For more details, see:

https://github.com/dlang/tools/blob/master/contributors.d

(it runs on the CLI too)

if (!contributorList.canFind(yourName)) {
   "Find a bug or improvement idea today and make a PR ;-)".writeln;
}

Cheers,

Seb
December 18
On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 15:58:59 UTC, Seb wrote:
> D wouldn't be this powerful, rocking language as it is today without all its contributors who worked very hard on improving.
> To start showing our gratitude and as a token of appreciation, we have started listing all the awesome people who made D possible on dlang.org:
>
> [...]

does writing a book count? if so, the list is missing ali :-)
December 18
On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 03:58:59PM +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> D wouldn't be this powerful, rocking language as it is today without all its contributors who worked very hard on improving.  To start showing our gratitude and as a token of appreciation, we have started listing all the awesome people who made D possible on dlang.org:
> 
> https://dlang.org/contributors.html

Cool stuff!

Would it be possible to apply a better style to that page, e.g., to wrap the list into multiple columns?  A long page with a single column of names is hard to read.


T

-- 
Curiosity kills the cat. Moral: don't be the cat.
December 18
great. yet i think that the page should note that people are listed in alphabetical order, not in any "importance" order.
December 18
On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 19:32:16 UTC, Mengu wrote:
> On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 15:58:59 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> D wouldn't be this powerful, rocking language as it is today without all its contributors who worked very hard on improving.
>> To start showing our gratitude and as a token of appreciation, we have started listing all the awesome people who made D possible on dlang.org:
>>
>> [...]
>
> does writing a book count? if so, the list is missing ali :-)

He'll appear the next time the list will be refreshed, assuming https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1989 get merged.
December 18
On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 19:48:30 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 03:58:59PM +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>> D wouldn't be this powerful, rocking language as it is today without all its contributors who worked very hard on improving.  To start showing our gratitude and as a token of appreciation, we have started listing all the awesome people who made D possible on dlang.org:
>> 
>> https://dlang.org/contributors.html
>
> Cool stuff!
>
> Would it be possible to apply a better style to that page, e.g., to wrap the list into multiple columns?  A long page with a single column of names is hard to read.
>
>
> T

Great idea -> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/2013
December 18
On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 19:32:16 UTC, Mengu wrote:
> On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 15:58:59 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> D wouldn't be this powerful, rocking language as it is today without all its contributors who worked very hard on improving.
>> To start showing our gratitude and as a token of appreciation, we have started listing all the awesome people who made D possible on dlang.org:
>>
>> [...]
>
> does writing a book count? if so, the list is missing ali :-)

We could include dlang/dconf.org into the list of repositories parsed (Ali has made a couple of PRs there). At the moment the script only looks at dlang/dmd, dlang/druntime, dlang/phobos, dlang/dlang.org, dlang/tools and dlang/installer.
However, the `dconf.org` repository is rather big:

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/2014
December 18
On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 15:58:59 UTC, Seb wrote:
> D wouldn't be this powerful, rocking language as it is today without all its contributors who worked very hard on improving.
> To start showing our gratitude and as a token of appreciation, we have started listing all the awesome people who made D possible on dlang.org:
>
> https://dlang.org/contributors.html
>
> The upcoming 2.078.0 release notes will also contain a listing of all the amazing people who made 2.078 a reality:
>
> https://dlang.org/changelog/pending.html
>
> This information is aggregated over all core D repositories (dmd, druntime, phobos, tools, dlang.org, installer).
> For the nerds, as of now the information is extracted from 45389 commits.
> For more details, see:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/tools/blob/master/contributors.d
>
> (it runs on the CLI too)
>
> if (!contributorList.canFind(yourName)) {
>    "Find a bug or improvement idea today and make a PR ;-)".writeln;
> }
>
> Cheers,
>
> Seb

There are a few dups:

- "Adam D. Ruppe" and "adamdruppe"
- "UplinkCoder" and "Stefan Koch"
- "Hackerpilot" and "Brian Schott"
- "Iain Buclaw" and "ibuclaw"
- "Timothee Cour" and "timotheecour"
- "Abscissa" and "Nick Sabalausky"

Probably a few others that are less obvious, but that's only 1.05% anyway.
December 19
On 18 December 2017 at 22:34, Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 15:58:59 UTC, Seb wrote:
>>
>> D wouldn't be this powerful, rocking language as it is today without all
>> its contributors who worked very hard on improving.
>> To start showing our gratitude and as a token of appreciation, we have
>> started listing all the awesome people who made D possible on dlang.org:
>>
>> https://dlang.org/contributors.html
>>
>> The upcoming 2.078.0 release notes will also contain a listing of all the amazing people who made 2.078 a reality:
>>
>> https://dlang.org/changelog/pending.html
>>
>> This information is aggregated over all core D repositories (dmd,
>> druntime, phobos, tools, dlang.org, installer).
>> For the nerds, as of now the information is extracted from 45389 commits.
>> For more details, see:
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/tools/blob/master/contributors.d
>>
>> (it runs on the CLI too)
>>
>> if (!contributorList.canFind(yourName)) {
>>    "Find a bug or improvement idea today and make a PR ;-)".writeln;
>> }
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Seb
>
>
> There are a few dups:
>
> - "Iain Buclaw" and "ibuclaw"

That isn't a dupe (*whistles*).
December 19
On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 21:34:25 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 15:58:59 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> [...]
>
> There are a few dups:
>
> - "Adam D. Ruppe" and "adamdruppe"
> - "UplinkCoder" and "Stefan Koch"
> - "Hackerpilot" and "Brian Schott"
> - "Iain Buclaw" and "ibuclaw"
> - "Timothee Cour" and "timotheecour"
> - "Abscissa" and "Nick Sabalausky"
>
> Probably a few others that are less obvious, but that's only 1.05% anyway.

Thanks -> added them to the .mailmap:

https://github.com/dlang/tools/pull/279
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2