View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
January 04, 2004
[bug] Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116
Hello all.

First of all i need to say what D is a best compiling programming language i
ever seen. 

I think i found a problem when play with Buton Radons dig library. It look like
very serious, but i found it very outdated and tryed to make it compilable with
current dmd. I`m compile digc, but it can`t help me. Probably it is designed not
for the windows9x environment -- it is produce too long command line strings to
run dmd compiler. So i go to compile dig by hands (with a very simple
written-in-several-minutes ruby script). There many changes was made on dig
source -- library names like 'ctype' -> 'std.ctype', operator overloading
methods like 'addass' -> 'opAddAssign', etc. And at some moment i was stopped by
a message when compiling net\BurtonRadons\dig\common\math.d:

Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116

with a command 'dmd -O -unittest -c net\BurtonRadons\dig\common\math.d
-ofnet\BurtonRadons\dig\common\math.obj'. When i drop -O switch i receive
different error message:

Internal error: ..\ztc\cgcs.c 350

which is stop me totally. What can i do with it? May be there is a different,
more successful effort to port dig to current dmd?

Version of dmd compiler is 0.76. (After this report is written, i found what a
new version 0.77 is available. All are the same except line numbers in error
messages. They are respectively: 4183 and 353).

Another question about D in general: why there no default values for function
parameters like:

void aaa(int a, float b, double c = 0.0)

? It is difficult to live without them.

BTW: is there a news->maillist gateway for this group?
January 04, 2004
Re: [bug] Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116
On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:17:00 +0000, Dmitry Morozhnikov wrote:

> Hello all.
> 
> First of all i need to say what D is a best compiling programming language i
> ever seen. 
> 
> I think i found a problem when play with Buton Radons dig library. It look like
> very serious, but i found it very outdated and tryed to make it compilable with
> current dmd.

Someone did that already.(Andy or JJ?)
do a seach on this news group.

the dig link on the D links page should be marked as outdated
and a new link to the updated version should be offered.

Ant
January 04, 2004
Re: [bug] Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116
JC did, its at

http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/dig.html

Welcome to D !

C
"Ant" <duitoolkit@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.01.04.21.29.00.819682@yahoo.ca...
> On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:17:00 +0000, Dmitry Morozhnikov wrote:
>
> > Hello all.
> >
> > First of all i need to say what D is a best compiling programming
language i
> > ever seen.
> >
> > I think i found a problem when play with Buton Radons dig library. It
look like
> > very serious, but i found it very outdated and tryed to make it
compilable with
> > current dmd.
>
> Someone did that already.(Andy or JJ?)
> do a seach on this news group.
>
> the dig link on the D links page should be marked as outdated
> and a new link to the updated version should be offered.
>
> Ant
January 04, 2004
Re: [bug] Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116
Thank you very much! I`m going to try it..

In article <bta0q6$2dpd$1@digitaldaemon.com>, C says...
>
>JC did, its at
>
>http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/dig.html
>
>Welcome to D !
>
>C
>"Ant" <duitoolkit@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>news:pan.2004.01.04.21.29.00.819682@yahoo.ca...
January 06, 2004
Re: [bug] Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116
"Dmitry Morozhnikov" <Dmitry_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bt9vsc$2cgf$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116

Can you reduce it to a small bit of source code that reproduces the problem?
January 06, 2004
Re: [bug] Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116
In article <btd9il$1ond$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

>Can you reduce it to a small bit of source code that reproduces the problem?

Ok. There is:

struct T {
T create() {
T t;
return t;
};

/* 
* no error when this code added:
*
* bit opEquals(T b) {
*     return true;
* };
*/

bit test() {
return create() == *this;
};
};
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home