Thread overview
[Bug 116] Build script and infrastructure to produce and release Windows binaries.
Apr 07, 2014
Bruno Medeiros
Apr 07, 2014
Théo Bueno
Apr 08, 2014
Iain Buclaw
May 07, 2014
Bruno Medeiros
May 07, 2014
Iain Buclaw
May 07, 2014
Bruno Medeiros
April 07, 2014
http://bugzilla.gdcproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116

--- Comment #1 from Bruno Medeiros <bruno.do.medeiros+gdcbugz@gmail.com> ---
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1523615-build-script-and-infrastructure-to-produce-and-release-windows-binaries/bounties

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


April 07, 2014
http://bugzilla.gdcproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116

Théo Bueno <munrek@gmx.com> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |munrek@gmx.com

--- Comment #2 from Théo Bueno <munrek@gmx.com> ---
(In reply to comment #0)

Building GDC on Windows is not as simple as building it on Linux, there is a series of patch to apply before building ... Here are the scripts used to build the latest available windows versions of GDC : https://bitbucket.org/venix1/mingw-gdc

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


April 08, 2014
http://bugzilla.gdcproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116

--- Comment #3 from Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@gdcproject.org> ---
Those patches aren't essential. The recent mingw builds are evident of that. However I am aware of some essential runtime fixes in those patches (some TLS related) but almost all are unsuitable for inclusion.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


May 07, 2014
http://bugzilla.gdcproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116

--- Comment #4 from Bruno Medeiros <bruno.do.medeiros+gdcbugz@gmail.com> ---
(In reply to Iain Buclaw from comment #3)
> Those patches aren't essential. The recent mingw builds are evident of that. However I am aware of some essential runtime fixes in those patches (some TLS related) but almost all are unsuitable for inclusion.

Ian, I didn't understand your point, it seems self contradictory. You say the patches aren't essential, and yet at the same time that there are "some essential runtime fixes in those patches" ?..

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


May 07, 2014
http://bugzilla.gdcproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116

--- Comment #5 from Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@gdcproject.org> ---
(In reply to Bruno Medeiros from comment #4)
> (In reply to Iain Buclaw from comment #3)
> > Those patches aren't essential. The recent mingw builds are evident of that. However I am aware of some essential runtime fixes in those patches (some TLS related) but almost all are unsuitable for inclusion.
> 
> Ian, I didn't understand your point, it seems self contradictory. You say the patches aren't essential, and yet at the same time that there are "some essential runtime fixes in those patches" ?..

First point was in response to patches needed to apply to build it (compiler patches, build patches).  These are not required.

The second point was runtime support, which needs some love.

For instance, I have implemented EmuTLS in the runtime backend, but it's not yet working with the GC (attempts to hook the data regions into the D GC have so far caused deadlocks).  If this were to be fixed, you can build GDC on MinGW with --disable-tls

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


May 07, 2014
http://bugzilla.gdcproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116

--- Comment #6 from Bruno Medeiros <bruno.do.medeiros+gdcbugz@gmail.com> ---
When you say "runtime support", is that D runtime, or the underlying C runtime?

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


May 14, 2014
http://bugzilla.gdcproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116

johannespfrang+bgdc@gmail.com changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |johannespfrang+bgdc@gmail.c
                   |                            |om

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.


October 09
https://bugzilla.gdcproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116

mlatu@mlatu.de changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |mlatu@mlatu.de

--- Comment #7 from mlatu@mlatu.de ---
Am I correct to assume that:
ftp://ftp.gdcproject.org/binaries/x86_64-w64-mingw32/x86_64-w64-mingw32_2.066.1_gcc4.9.2_f378f9ab41_20150413.7z
is the most recent version for compiling for mingw?
In which case its missing on the download page.

On the other hand, it looks like the most recent gcc version is actually 6.3? In which case, why is there no recent build for the mingw target?

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.