Walter
Feb 17, 2004
tjulian
Feb 19, 2004
Walter
Feb 20, 2004
Gisle Vanem
February 17, 2004
I noticed that V8.39 has added the vscanf functions, but they are missing from the DOS libraries. Will they be added?

--
TimJ
February 17, 2004
"tjulian" <tjulian@removethis.oldi.com> wrote in message news:c0th75$131u$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> I noticed that V8.39 has added the vscanf functions, but they are missing from the DOS libraries. Will they be added?

I didn't put them in, as it didn't seem like anyone was developing with DOS anymore, but was just using it to compile old code.

February 17, 2004
Walter wrote:

> 
> "tjulian" <tjulian@removethis.oldi.com> wrote in message news:c0th75$131u$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> > I noticed that V8.39 has added the vscanf functions, but they are missing from the DOS libraries. Will they be added?
> 
> I didn't put them in, as it didn't seem like anyone was developing with DOS anymore, but was just using it to compile old code.

Well, I am developing DOS/DOSX applications. Although the vscanf functions are not critical for me, I always hope DMC continues to keep the DOS compiler updated to the latest standards.

--
TimJ
February 19, 2004
"tjulian" <tjulian@removethis.oldi.com> wrote in message news:c0ttro$1ofg$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Walter wrote:
>
> >
> > "tjulian" <tjulian@removethis.oldi.com> wrote in message news:c0th75$131u$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> > > I noticed that V8.39 has added the vscanf functions, but they are missing from the DOS libraries. Will they be added?
> >
> > I didn't put them in, as it didn't seem like anyone was developing with DOS anymore, but was just using it to compile old code.
>
> Well, I am developing DOS/DOSX applications. Although the vscanf functions are not critical for me, I always hope DMC continues to keep the DOS compiler updated to the latest standards.

It's good to know someone is! (And you can add vscanf by just compiling the source for it on the CD and inserting it into the library.)

February 20, 2004
"Walter" <walter@digitalmars.com> wrote:

> It's good to know someone is! (And you can add vscanf by just compiling the source for it on the CD and inserting it into the library.)

Speaking of ssanf/vscanf, this little program doesn't print *anything*.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main (void)
{
  char host[512], path[256];

sscanf ("some.host.com/foo/bar", "%512[^\n/?]%[^\n]", host, path);
  printf ("host `%s', path `%s'\n", host, path);
  return (0);
}
--------

It seems to parse beyond the input string or exit inside sscanf().
sscanf ("some.host.com/foo/bar\n"..) works as expexted, but why
should the '\n' be required?

>dmc scanf.c
link scanf,,,user32+kernel32/noi;

with DMC 8.39

--gv