View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
April 14, 2004
Ugly holes/warts in Phobos
1. std.file
You have functions to delete and rename files.  How about a function to 
copy files?

2. std.date
I've noticed a struct Date in the code.  Why no functions to convert 
between d_time and Date, besides the internal workings of the parse 
function?  Indeed, why no functions to get/set the component values of a 
d_time, or to construct a d_time from these values?

For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar format 
generated by toString(d_time)?

3. std.intrinsic
	int bt(uint *p, uint index)
et al.

Is there some esoteric reason behind a pointer instead of an inout here?

Stewart.

-- 
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on 
on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
April 15, 2004
Re: Ugly holes/warts in Phobos
> For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar format
> generated by toString(d_time)?
>
What do you find peculiar about this format?

std.date.toString(getUTCtime())

Phill.




---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 4/9/2004
April 15, 2004
Re: Ugly holes/warts in Phobos
It breaks the date and time up strangely.

RFC2822 defines the date-time as used in mail headers.  Would the basic
format of this be better as it's standands based?

On my PC std.date.toSrting(getUTCtime())  --> "Thu Apr 15 23:02:11 GMT+1000
2004",

where as the RFC format would be:

"Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:02:11 +1000"



"Phill" <phill@pacific.net.au> wrote in message
news:c5lkpm$1o0u$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> > For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar format
> > generated by toString(d_time)?
> >
> What do you find peculiar about this format?
>
> std.date.toString(getUTCtime())
>
> Phill.
>
>
>
>
> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 4/9/2004
>
>
April 15, 2004
Re: Ugly holes/warts in Phobos
"Scott Egan" <scotte@tpg.com.aux> wrote in message
news:c5m21t$2aut$1@digitaldaemon.com
| It breaks the date and time up strangely.
|
| RFC2822 defines the date-time as used in mail headers.  Would the basic
| format of this be better as it's standands based?
|
| On my PC std.date.toSrting(getUTCtime())  --> "Thu Apr 15 23:02:11
GMT+1000
| 2004",
|
| where as the RFC format would be:
|
| "Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:02:11 +1000"
|
|
|
| "Phill" <phill@pacific.net.au> wrote in message
| news:c5lkpm$1o0u$1@digitaldaemon.com...
||| For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar format
||| generated by toString(d_time)?
|||
|| What do you find peculiar about this format?
||
|| std.date.toString(getUTCtime())
||
|| Phill.
||
||
||
||
|| ---
|| Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
|| Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
|| Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 4/9/2004

I wrote a date2str function once. I posted it here and told Walter that if
he wanted he could use it in Phobos. He hasn't, though. Anyway, it's
available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/d_programas.htm and in the
wiki: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage, in the section
related to Phobos.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
April 16, 2004
Re: Ugly holes/warts in Phobos
"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294@msn.com> wrote in message
news:c5n6q8$12pe$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> "Scott Egan" <scotte@tpg.com.aux> wrote in message
> news:c5m21t$2aut$1@digitaldaemon.com
> | It breaks the date and time up strangely.
> |
> | RFC2822 defines the date-time as used in mail headers.  Would the basic
> | format of this be better as it's standands based?
> |
> | On my PC std.date.toSrting(getUTCtime())  --> "Thu Apr 15 23:02:11
> GMT+1000
> | 2004",
> |
> | where as the RFC format would be:
> |
> | "Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:02:11 +1000"
> |
> |
> |
> | "Phill" <phill@pacific.net.au> wrote in message
> | news:c5lkpm$1o0u$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> ||| For that matter, is there any particular reason for the peculiar
format
> ||| generated by toString(d_time)?
> |||
> || What do you find peculiar about this format?
> ||
> || std.date.toString(getUTCtime())
> ||
> || Phill.
> ||
> ||
> ||
> ||
> || ---
> || Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> || Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> || Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 4/9/2004
>
> I wrote a date2str function once. I posted it here and told Walter that if
> he wanted he could use it in Phobos. He hasn't, though. Anyway, it's
> available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/d_programas.htm and in
the
> wiki: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage, in the section
> related to Phobos.
>
> -----------------------
> Carlos Santander Bernal

When I tried to download from the Wiki site, I received this error:

The file type you have requested (d) is invalid

Is it possible to get this format with your source?

850515 020000
That is  15th of May 1985  2am

The reason I need this format is so that I can
send it to a server in this format.

Thanks
       Phill.




---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 4/9/2004
April 16, 2004
date2str - att (was Re: Ugly holes/warts in Phobos)
"Phill" <phill@pacific.net.au> wrote in message
news:c5nt2c$23t6$1@digitaldaemon.com
| "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294@msn.com> wrote in message
| news:c5n6q8$12pe$1@digitaldaemon.com...
||
|| I wrote a date2str function once. I posted it here and told Walter that
if
|| he wanted he could use it in Phobos. He hasn't, though. Anyway, it's
|| available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/d_programas.htm and in
| the
|| wiki: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage, in the section
|| related to Phobos.
||
|| -----------------------
|| Carlos Santander Bernal
|
| When I tried to download from the Wiki site, I received this error:
|
| The file type you have requested (d) is invalid
|
| Is it possible to get this format with your source?
|
| 850515 020000
| That is  15th of May 1985  2am
|
| The reason I need this format is so that I can
| send it to a server in this format.
|
| Thanks
|         Phill.
|
|
|
|
| ---
| Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
| Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
| Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 4/9/2004

Yes, there seems to be a problem with the server. Meanwhile, I'm attaching
the file to this message.
And yes, it's possible to get that format.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
April 16, 2004
Re: date2str - att (was Re: Ugly holes/warts in Phobos)
"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294@msn.com> wrote in message
news:c5ogb6$31dd$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> "Phill" <phill@pacific.net.au> wrote in message
> news:c5nt2c$23t6$1@digitaldaemon.com
> | "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294@msn.com> wrote in message
> | news:c5n6q8$12pe$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> ||
> || I wrote a date2str function once. I posted it here and told Walter that
> if
> || he wanted he could use it in Phobos. He hasn't, though. Anyway, it's
> || available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/d_programas.htm and in
> | the
> || wiki: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FrontPage, in the section
> || related to Phobos.
> ||
> || -----------------------
> || Carlos Santander Bernal
> |
> | When I tried to download from the Wiki site, I received this error:
> |
> | The file type you have requested (d) is invalid
> |
> | Is it possible to get this format with your source?
> |
> | 850515 020000
> | That is  15th of May 1985  2am
> |
> | The reason I need this format is so that I can
> | send it to a server in this format.
> |
> | Thanks
> |         Phill.
> |
> |
> |
> |
> | ---
> | Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> | Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> | Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 4/9/2004
>
> Yes, there seems to be a problem with the server. Meanwhile, I'm attaching
> the file to this message.
> And yes, it's possible to get that format.
>

Thanks very much!

Phill.

> -----------------------
> Carlos Santander Bernal
>
>
>


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.659 / Virus Database: 423 - Release Date: 4/15/2004
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home