DemmeGod
May 26, 2004
Helmut Leitner
May 26, 2004
Helmut Leitner
May 26, 2004
Matthew
May 26, 2004
Hey, my name is Rick, I am a software engineering student at DePaul University and I just found out about D not to long ago. Im really interested in it and wanted to become more involved in the community. So I just thought I would start by introducing myself on the newsgroup. As a newbie, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can become more involved in the development and growth of this language and community? Does anyone need any help on some projects that I could be of assistance to? Even if its only a small amount, every bit counts and I would love to be of any help

Thanks

Rick

May 26, 2004
How about visiting http://www.dsource.org and check out the projects there.  Pick one and contact the admin of the project to see how you can help.  Check the forums to see how development is progressing.

DWT could use it, and has had some activity recently, trying to port Java's SWT to D.

BA

Rick S. wrote:
> Hey, my name is Rick, I am a software engineering student at DePaul
> University and I just found out about D not to long ago. Im really
> interested in it and wanted to become more involved in the community. So I
> just thought I would start by introducing myself on the newsgroup. As a
> newbie, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can become more involved
> in the development and growth of this language and community? Does anyone
> need any help on some projects that I could be of assistance to? Even if its
> only a small amount, every bit counts and I would love to be of any help
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Rick
> 
> 
> 
> 
May 26, 2004

"Rick S." wrote:
> 
> Hey, my name is Rick, I am a software engineering student at DePaul University and I just found out about D not to long ago. Im really interested in it and wanted to become more involved in the community. So I just thought I would start by introducing myself on the newsgroup. As a newbie, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can become more involved in the development and growth of this language and community? Does anyone need any help on some projects that I could be of assistance to? Even if its only a small amount, every bit counts and I would love to be of any help

Rick, you could contribute to Wiki4D:
   <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi>

Any finding, any question, any single piece of information is useful and paves the path...

-- 
Helmut Leitner    leitner@hls.via.at
Graz, Austria   www.hls-software.com
May 26, 2004
If you're familiar with the Eclipse editor and programming plugins for it, the eclipseD project on dsource.org could use an experienced Eclipse plugin writer... I'm new to Eclipse plugin writing.

On Wed, 26 May 2004 00:16:26 -0500, Brad Anderson wrote:

> How about visiting http://www.dsource.org and check out the projects there.  Pick one and contact the admin of the project to see how you can help.  Check the forums to see how development is progressing.
> 
> DWT could use it, and has had some activity recently, trying to port Java's SWT to D.
> 
> BA
> 
> Rick S. wrote:
>> Hey, my name is Rick, I am a software engineering student at DePaul University and I just found out about D not to long ago. Im really interested in it and wanted to become more involved in the community. So I just thought I would start by introducing myself on the newsgroup. As a newbie, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can become more involved in the development and growth of this language and community? Does anyone need any help on some projects that I could be of assistance to? Even if its only a small amount, every bit counts and I would love to be of any help
>> 
>> Thanks
>> 
>> Rick
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>

May 26, 2004
Assuming you want to learn by getting your hands dirty:

I would love to have a command-line tool, called resub, that effects regular expression substitution on text input - whether typed in or more usually piped from stdin - on a line-by-line basis.

This would use the std.regexp and std.stream modules, and would give you a good grounding in D.

Cheers

-- 
Matthew Wilson

Author: "Imperfect C++", Addison-Wesley, 2004
    (www.imperfectcplusplus.com)
Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
    (www.synesis.com.au/articles.html#columns)
STLSoft moderator
    (http://www.stlsoft.org)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So far, C++ is the best language I've discovered to say what I want to say" -- Alex Stepanov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rick S." <flvstrahl2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c9182t$gfs$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Hey, my name is Rick, I am a software engineering student at DePaul University and I just found out about D not to long ago. Im really interested in it and wanted to become more involved in the community. So I just thought I would start by introducing myself on the newsgroup. As a newbie, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can become more involved in the development and growth of this language and community? Does anyone need any help on some projects that I could be of assistance to? Even if its only a small amount, every bit counts and I would love to be of any help
>
> Thanks
>
> Rick
>
>
>
>

May 26, 2004
Made it a FAQ question:
   <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?FaqRoadmap#Howtobecomemoreinvolved>
Add to it.

-- 
Helmut Leitner    leitner@hls.via.at
Graz, Austria   www.hls-software.com
May 26, 2004
I love eclipse and use it all the time. Unfortunatly I have never written a
plugin for it, but I could definitly learn.
"DemmeGod" <me@demmegod.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.05.26.06.04.48.572060@demmegod.com...
> If you're familiar with the Eclipse editor and programming plugins for it, the eclipseD project on dsource.org could use an experienced Eclipse plugin writer... I'm new to Eclipse plugin writing.
>
> On Wed, 26 May 2004 00:16:26 -0500, Brad Anderson wrote:
>
> > How about visiting http://www.dsource.org and check out the projects there.  Pick one and contact the admin of the project to see how you can help.  Check the forums to see how development is progressing.
> >
> > DWT could use it, and has had some activity recently, trying to port Java's SWT to D.
> >
> > BA
> >
> > Rick S. wrote:
> >> Hey, my name is Rick, I am a software engineering student at DePaul University and I just found out about D not to long ago. Im really interested in it and wanted to become more involved in the community.
So
> >> I just thought I would start by introducing myself on the newsgroup. As a newbie, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can become more involved in the development and growth of this language and community? Does anyone need any help on some projects that I could be of
assistance
> >> to? Even if its only a small amount, every bit counts and I would love to be of any help
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Rick
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
>

May 26, 2004
In article <c92cgg$25ag$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Rick S. says...
>
>I love eclipse and use it all the time. Unfortunatly I have never written a plugin for it, but I could definitly learn.

Anyone uses eclipse on linux?
I still find it unusable because it's so slow.
(last try was probably 3.0M6, GTK version on a celeron 1.7)

Ant

May 26, 2004
Yep.  I'm using 3.0M8 GTK on a Pentium M

Ant wrote:
> In article <c92cgg$25ag$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Rick S. says...
> 
>>I love eclipse and use it all the time. Unfortunatly I have never written a
>>plugin for it, but I could definitly learn.
> 
> 
> Anyone uses eclipse on linux?
> I still find it unusable because it's so slow.
> (last try was probably 3.0M6, GTK version on a celeron 1.7)
> 
> Ant
> 
> 
May 26, 2004
Brad Anderson wrote:
> Yep.  I'm using 3.0M8 GTK on a Pentium M
> 
> 
> 
> Ant wrote:
> 
>> In article <c92cgg$25ag$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Rick S. says...
>>
>>> I love eclipse and use it all the time. Unfortunatly I have never written a
>>> plugin for it, but I could definitly learn.
>>
>>
>>
>> Anyone uses eclipse on linux?
>> I still find it unusable because it's so slow.
>> (last try was probably 3.0M6, GTK version on a celeron 1.7)
>>
>> Ant
>>
>>

I've used 3.0M6 on a Pentium M 1.4 GHz.  It didn't appear to be that slow.  It is a rather big and bulky IDE, nonetheless.  The more plugins installed, the worse it gets.

What would be optimal is to have an Eclipse startup command that loads the Eclipse IDE ONLY with the d plugin installed (especially once it is more featureful).  That would keep bloat to a minimum, perhaps.

- John
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2