View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
January 21, 2005
Why upx cannot compress D's exe correctly?
I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe well
but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.

When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
packed/protected" exception.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks very much.

Yicheng
January 21, 2005
Re: Why upx cannot compress D's exe correctly?
"huang yicheng" <zergbird@msn.com> wrote in message
news:csrfe2$fsg$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe
well
> but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.
>
> When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
> packed/protected" exception.
>
> Can anyone explain this?

It's a bug in upx. D's exe files are correct, compliant PE executables.
January 22, 2005
Re: Why upx cannot compress D's exe correctly?
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:50:46 +0800, huang yicheng <zergbird@msn.com> wrote:

> I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe  
> well
> but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.
>
> When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
> packed/protected" exception.
>
> Can anyone explain this?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Yicheng
>
>

Upx 1.92 beta works if you --force it.
January 22, 2005
Re: Why upx cannot compress D's exe correctly?
Hi!

huang yicheng wrote:

> I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe
> well but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.
> 
> When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
> packed/protected" exception.
> 
> Can anyone explain this?

This should be a bug in the windows version of upx, or maybe DMD... since
under Linux is working right. Try asking upx people


Byez!

Carotinho
January 22, 2005
Re: Why upx cannot compress D's exe correctly?
This is a bug in UPX.  I reported it to UPX user's forum 10+ days ago.

-zwang

In article <csrfe2$fsg$1@digitaldaemon.com>, huang yicheng says...
>
>I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe well
>but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.
>
>When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
>packed/protected" exception.
>
>Can anyone explain this?
>
>Thanks very much.
>
>Yicheng
>
>
January 22, 2005
Re: Why upx cannot compress D's exe correctly?
Simply use --force doesn't work.  Compressed .exe doesn't work correctly.
"Vathix" <vathix@dprogramming.com> wrote in message 
news:opsky9srz6kcck4r@tc3-ppp223.dialup.wzrd.com...
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:50:46 +0800, huang yicheng <zergbird@msn.com> 
> wrote:
>
>> I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe 
>> well
>> but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.
>>
>> When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
>> packed/protected" exception.
>>
>> Can anyone explain this?
>>
>> Thanks very much.
>>
>> Yicheng
>>
>>
>
> Upx 1.92 beta works if you --force it.
January 22, 2005
Re: Why upx cannot compress D's exe correctly?
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:44:38 +0800, Huang Yicheng <zergbird@msn.com> wrote:

> Simply use --force doesn't work.  Compressed .exe doesn't work correctly.

That happens to me when using upx version 1.25...
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home