|Posted by Dawid Ciężarkiewicz||PermalinkReply|
I'm working on little threaded server and I've got lot of problems and questions. Can somebody point me some more info how to use threads safety and efficiently?
I've got some questions that I can ask right now:
1. Should all threads other than main be ended before main() ends? I've read it somewhere and I've got impression that it's true.
2. Why std.Thread does not have a destructor? Destructor could close thread and resolve problem 1. Of course if shutting down would
3. How can I stop thread. I mean ... kill it ones and for good. If my main listening thread is listening than I've got no way to shut it down before new connection occur and it's loop checks it should be ended.
4. Should I explicitly delete Thread instances or not. Are there any advices for memory management? Deleting should be done only after thread has ended?
5. Why I've got SIGUSR1 segfault? I think it's related to 1. but am I right? If yes maybe somebody point me methods for controlling "server threads" - threads that are listening for connections.
Dawid Ciężarkiewicz | arael