Thread overview
LDC 1.19.0-beta1
Nov 05
kinke
5 days ago
zoujiaqing
4 days ago
kinke
3 days ago
zoujiaqing
3 days ago
kinke
November 05
Glad to announce the first beta for LDC 1.19:

* Based on D 2.089.0.
* Slight codegen improvements, incl. a breaking extern(D) ABI change for Posix x86[_64] targets, and dead branch elimination for if statements with constant condition (in the hopes of possibly increasing compilation speed).
* Fixed misc. CMake issues with some LLVM 9 configurations.
* Default Posix linker driver is now `cc` instead of `gcc`.

Full release log and downloads: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.19.0-beta1

Please help test, and thanks to all contributors!
5 days ago
On Tuesday, 5 November 2019 at 20:50:31 UTC, kinke wrote:
> Glad to announce the first beta for LDC 1.19:
>
> * Based on D 2.089.0.
> * Slight codegen improvements, incl. a breaking extern(D) ABI change for Posix x86[_64] targets, and dead branch elimination for if statements with constant condition (in the hopes of possibly increasing compilation speed).
> * Fixed misc. CMake issues with some LLVM 9 configurations.
> * Default Posix linker driver is now `cc` instead of `gcc`.
>
> Full release log and downloads: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.19.0-beta1
>
> Please help test, and thanks to all contributors!

2.089.0 have bug ..

building hunt library error:
/home/travis/dlang/dmd-2.089.0/linux/bin64/../../src/druntime/import/core/atomic.d(293,64): Error: template core.internal.atomic.atomicCompareExchangeStrongNoResult cannot deduce function from argument types !(cast(MemoryOrder)5, cast(MemoryOrder)5)(IForkJoinTask*, IForkJoinTask, IForkJoinTask), candidates are:

all logs view:
https://travis-ci.org/huntlabs/hunt/jobs/607449502
4 days ago
On Friday, 8 November 2019 at 02:56:31 UTC, zoujiaqing wrote:
> 2.089.0 have bug ..
>
> building hunt library error:
> /home/travis/dlang/dmd-2.089.0/linux/bin64/../../src/druntime/import/core/atomic.d(293,64): Error: template core.internal.atomic.atomicCompareExchangeStrongNoResult cannot deduce function from argument types !(cast(MemoryOrder)5, cast(MemoryOrder)5)(IForkJoinTask*, IForkJoinTask, IForkJoinTask), candidates are:
>
> all logs view:
> https://travis-ci.org/huntlabs/hunt/jobs/607449502

Please file a druntime issue, this is DMD.
3 days ago
On Friday, 8 November 2019 at 13:36:27 UTC, kinke wrote:
>
> Please file a druntime issue, this is DMD.

Yes.
I mean you can waiting for dmd 2.089.1 to release ldc 1.9.0 : )

Thanks.
3 days ago
On Saturday, 9 November 2019 at 07:57:02 UTC, zoujiaqing wrote:
> I mean you can waiting for dmd 2.089.1 to release ldc 1.9.0 : )

That's the plan anyway; plus this druntime regression most likely doesn't apply to LDC (atomics are highly compiler-specific).

To catch regressions like this earlier, it would certainly help if people used the beta compiler packages for their CI too; for Travis, it's as simple as adding additional jobs with `d: <dmd|ldc>-beta`.