View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
May 07, 2005
dsource.org - down
dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)

We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old 
one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be 
with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I 
hope it's measured in days, not weeks.

BA
May 08, 2005
Re: dsource.org - down
In article <d5jg8e$2gk$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Brad Anderson says...
>
>dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)
>
>We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old 
>one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be 
>with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I 
>hope it's measured in days, not weeks.

Ack, sorry to hear about that Brad. (I guess that explains the outage)  Hope the
migration works well.  If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to
email me.

- EricAnderton at yahoo
May 08, 2005
Re: dsource.org - down
How were you hacked, if you'd be willing to mention?

-[Unknown]


> dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)
> 
> We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old 
> one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be 
> with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I 
> hope it's measured in days, not weeks.
> 
> BA
May 08, 2005
Re: dsource.org - down
Brad Anderson wrote:
> dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)
> 
> We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old 
> one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be 
> with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I 
> hope it's measured in days, not weeks.
> 
> BA

Hacked! No! Grrrrr....
May 08, 2005
Re: dsource.org - down
Brad Anderson wrote:
> dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)
> 
> We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old 
> one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be 
> with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I 
> hope it's measured in days, not weeks.
> 
> BA

arg, that's too bad. goodluck moving to the new server.
May 08, 2005
Re: dsource.org - down
Brad, if you have trouble, i am offering you a place on my personal server
on 8mbit/sec server 'till you find something...

-- 
...........
Dejan Lekic
 http://dejan.lekic.org
May 08, 2005
Re: dsource.org - down
Dejan Lekic wrote:
> Brad, if you have trouble, i am offering you a place on my personal server
> on 8mbit/sec server 'till you find something...
> 

Thanks for the offer.  I appreciate it, but that's not the problem.

I already have the bandwidth and the new server.  I'm just going to take
this opportunity to move to another server that will be easier to keep
the packages up-to-date - i.e. safer from known exploits.

I'm almost done getting all of the Subversion repositories back up and
running, but 'WRITE' permissions will be an issue for a while.  This
same issue will hold up Forums and any admin function on Projects.

[1] My main goal is to get the SVN repos w/ 'READ' permissions as well
as the Project pages w/ information and downloads to be back online.

[2] For a while, everyone will be anonymous, until I can bring a newer
authz/authn scheme up and running.  Then, everything else works,
including Forums, SVN WRITE, Project Admin, etc, including Trac.

DNS is now pointing to the new server, so something is up and
displaying, but not much.  Hopefully tonight I can get to [1].

BA
May 09, 2005
Re: dsource.org - down
Brad Anderson wrote:
> Dejan Lekic wrote:
> 
>>Brad, if you have trouble, i am offering you a place on my personal server
>>on 8mbit/sec server 'till you find something...
>>
> 
> 
> Thanks for the offer.  I appreciate it, but that's not the problem.
> 
> I already have the bandwidth and the new server.  I'm just going to take
> this opportunity to move to another server that will be easier to keep
> the packages up-to-date - i.e. safer from known exploits.
> 
> I'm almost done getting all of the Subversion repositories back up and
> running, but 'WRITE' permissions will be an issue for a while.  This
> same issue will hold up Forums and any admin function on Projects.
> 
> [1] My main goal is to get the SVN repos w/ 'READ' permissions as well
> as the Project pages w/ information and downloads to be back online.
> 
> [2] For a while, everyone will be anonymous, until I can bring a newer
> authz/authn scheme up and running.  Then, everything else works,
> including Forums, SVN WRITE, Project Admin, etc, including Trac.
> 
> DNS is now pointing to the new server, so something is up and
> displaying, but not much.  Hopefully tonight I can get to [1].
> 
> BA
> 
It's good to see something is displaying.
Good luck.
May 11, 2005
Re: dsource.org - down
Brad Anderson wrote:
> dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)
> 
> We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old 
> one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be 
> with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I 
> hope it's measured in days, not weeks.
> 
> BA

Sorry to hear about the hacking. If you need any help getting the
tutorials/examples working again (whether it's the PHP edition or the
new Trac wiki idea), just let me know.

In the meantime, I uploaded the last snapshot I made (in case someone is
suffering from examples-withdrawal syndrome):
http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/dsrc_examples/

It's a long page (477kb) and I'm not sure how much bandwidth I have, so
if it "disappears" that's probably just Tripod cutting off my website 
for the rest of the day. ;)

-- 
jcc7
http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
May 11, 2005
Re: dsource.org - down
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

J C Calvarese schrieb am Wed, 11 May 2005 18:31:10 -0500:
> Brad Anderson wrote:
>> dsource.org will be down for A Little While (TM)
>> 
>> We were hacked and I'm moving to the new server rather than turn the old 
>> one back on.  I'm not nearly as prepared as I would have liked to be 
>> with the new server, so there will be a delay.  As for an estimate, I 
>> hope it's measured in days, not weeks.
>> 
>> BA
>
> Sorry to hear about the hacking. If you need any help getting the
> tutorials/examples working again (whether it's the PHP edition or the
> new Trac wiki idea), just let me know.
>
> In the meantime, I uploaded the last snapshot I made (in case someone is
> suffering from examples-withdrawal syndrome):
> http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/dsrc_examples/
>
> It's a long page (477kb) and I'm not sure how much bandwidth I have, so
> if it "disappears" that's probably just Tripod cutting off my website 
> for the rest of the day. ;)

bandwith unlimited backup *g*
http://dstress.kuehne.cn/www/dsrc_examples_backup.html

Thomas


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iD8DBQFCgrf43w+/yD4P9tIRAgKAAJ9NuhMy//a3oz7goxn6SupFfSLBuACeNIRM
FlPUd+p2xzWtztkECzHvcXg=
=kCY6
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home