View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
May 14, 2005
MinWin with dmd 0.121
Hi !

Has anyone used MinWin with dmd 0.121 ?
Under Linux, I get a lot of undefined references when trying to 
compile the examples using the included Makefile (And the precompiled libraries,
which are in the right locations.)
The undefined references are all to some MinWin functions.

regards, Oliver
May 14, 2005
Re: MinWin with dmd 0.121
"Oliver" <Oliver_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message 
news:d65chm$1gvd$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Hi !
>
> Has anyone used MinWin with dmd 0.121 ?
> Under Linux, I get a lot of undefined references when trying to
> compile the examples using the included Makefile (And the precompiled 
> libraries,
> which are in the right locations.)
> The undefined references are all to some MinWin functions.
>
> regards, Oliver

The precompiled libraries might be out of date. I thought I had 
re-precompiled them but maybe I missed one. Try recompiling them by giong to 
the directory above the examples directory and make'ing with the appropriate 
makefile.
May 15, 2005
Re: MinWin with dmd 0.121
In article <d65gip$1jor$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Ben Hinkle says...
>
>
>"Oliver" <Oliver_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message 
>news:d65chm$1gvd$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>> Hi !
>>
>> Has anyone used MinWin with dmd 0.121 ?
>> Under Linux, I get a lot of undefined references when trying to
>> compile the examples using the included Makefile (And the precompiled 
>> libraries,
>> which are in the right locations.)
>> The undefined references are all to some MinWin functions.
>>
>> regards, Oliver
>
>The precompiled libraries might be out of date. I thought I had 
>re-precompiled them but maybe I missed one. Try recompiling them by giong to 
>the directory above the examples directory and make'ing with the appropriate 
>makefile. 
>
>


Hello !

Thx. for the answer. I thougt of that, but there is no 
Linux Makefile included :(. I have no idea how to compile...
(There is a windows configuration file for build and a windows Makefile)

regards, Oliver
May 15, 2005
Re: MinWin with dmd 0.121
"Oliver" <Oliver_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message 
news:d665o5$20ib$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> In article <d65gip$1jor$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Ben Hinkle says...
>>
>>
>>"Oliver" <Oliver_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message
>>news:d65chm$1gvd$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> Has anyone used MinWin with dmd 0.121 ?
>>> Under Linux, I get a lot of undefined references when trying to
>>> compile the examples using the included Makefile (And the precompiled
>>> libraries,
>>> which are in the right locations.)
>>> The undefined references are all to some MinWin functions.
>>>
>>> regards, Oliver
>>
>>The precompiled libraries might be out of date. I thought I had
>>re-precompiled them but maybe I missed one. Try recompiling them by giong 
>>to
>>the directory above the examples directory and make'ing with the 
>>appropriate
>>makefile.
>>
>>
>
>
> Hello !
>
> Thx. for the answer. I thougt of that, but there is no
> Linux Makefile included :(. I have no idea how to compile...
> (There is a windows configuration file for build and a windows Makefile)
>
> regards, Oliver

ah - I must have deleted the linux.mak. Are there .brf files? Those are 
"build" files (not barf files...). I've been spending time on other projects 
besides MinWin for a while so I can't remember exactly how well build works 
with WinWin. I kept having troubles so I shouldn't have deleted those make 
files but give the brfs a shot.
May 15, 2005
Re: MinWin with dmd 0.121
In article <d666i9$2139$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Ben Hinkle says...
>
>
>"Oliver" <Oliver_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message 
>news:d665o5$20ib$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>> In article <d65gip$1jor$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Ben Hinkle says...
>>>
>>>
>>>"Oliver" <Oliver_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message
>>>news:d65chm$1gvd$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>>>> Hi !
>>>>
>>>> Has anyone used MinWin with dmd 0.121 ?
>>>> Under Linux, I get a lot of undefined references when trying to
>>>> compile the examples using the included Makefile (And the precompiled
>>>> libraries,
>>>> which are in the right locations.)
>>>> The undefined references are all to some MinWin functions.
>>>>
>>>> regards, Oliver
>>>
>>>The precompiled libraries might be out of date. I thought I had
>>>re-precompiled them but maybe I missed one. Try recompiling them by giong 
>>>to
>>>the directory above the examples directory and make'ing with the 
>>>appropriate
>>>makefile.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> Hello !
>>
>> Thx. for the answer. I thougt of that, but there is no
>> Linux Makefile included :(. I have no idea how to compile...
>> (There is a windows configuration file for build and a windows Makefile)
>>
>> regards, Oliver
>
>ah - I must have deleted the linux.mak. Are there .brf files? Those are 
>"build" files (not barf files...). I've been spending time on other projects 
>besides MinWin for a while so I can't remember exactly how well build works 
>with WinWin. I kept having troubles so I shouldn't have deleted those make 
>files but give the brfs a shot. 
>
>


Hi !

Sry - no Linux brf-files. (I checked that out , too)
Only Windows brf ....

Regards, Oliver 

PS: Maybe u can send me a Linux Makefile ?
Mail : Herr_Sauron@t-online.de
May 15, 2005
Re: MinWin with dmd 0.121
> Hi !
>
> Sry - no Linux brf-files. (I checked that out , too)
> Only Windows brf ....
>
> Regards, Oliver
>
> PS: Maybe u can send me a Linux Makefile ?
> Mail : Herr_Sauron@t-online.de

there's no gtk.brf or motif.brf?
I've attached an old linux.mak. It might need some missing files but it 
should be close.
May 15, 2005
Re: MinWin with dmd 0.121
In article <d668so$22sr$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Ben Hinkle says...
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> Sry - no Linux brf-files. (I checked that out , too)
>> Only Windows brf ....
>>
>> Regards, Oliver
>>
>> PS: Maybe u can send me a Linux Makefile ?
>> Mail : Herr_Sauron@t-online.de
>
>there's no gtk.brf or motif.brf?
>I've attached an old linux.mak. It might need some missing files but it 
>should be close. 
>

Hello !

--Sry I found the gtk.brf and motif.brf, BUT they do not seem usable.
When I run build gtk.brf a gtk.a is generated. I rename it to libminwin_gtk.a
and try to compile the examples. All I get are many undefined references.,
mostly to minwin stuff. (I use the supplied Makefile, changed accordingly) 
--I cant use the Makefile u sent because it seems to be in an encoding
my browser/editor does not understand. Could u please mail me a 
simple Makefile ?
--Herr_Sauron@t-online.de

regards, Oliver
May 17, 2005
Re: MinWin with dmd 0.121
http://pastebin.de/433
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home