June 21, 2012
On Thursday, 21 June 2012 at 10:58:10 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
> Am 21.06.2012 10:39, schrieb Alexander77:

> don't talk about it - just do it - and you will see how many months( or years) of hard work is needed to get even to the state were VisualD currently is
>
> try even to come up with a list of needed features for a better IDE - the list will become very long
>
> good luck

I have written one fully-functional(auto-complete etc) IDE already for VS, It took me a year to finish everything, so I am 100% aware how much work it will be required to be done. So at this moment I am just checking possibilities which IDE to use as a base.

Thx.


June 21, 2012
Am 21.06.2012 13:58, schrieb Alexander77:
> I have written one fully-functional(auto-complete etc) IDE
> already for VS,

you mean a plugin, or? VS itself is the IDE
btw: the buildin debugger of Studio does not work for D stuff - because of different Debug-Formats, VisualD got support for pdb-files buildin, will also try to come to this state - or just an Editor (which is not an IDE)

which programming language does your "IDE" support?

> It took me a year to finish everything, so I am
> 100% aware how much work it will be required to be done. So at
> this moment I am just checking possibilities which IDE to use as
> a base.

Why don't you extend VisualD to your needs - or is there something
wrong with the curren D source or licence of VisualD?



June 21, 2012
On Thursday, 21 June 2012 at 15:14:35 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
> Am 21.06.2012 13:58, schrieb Alexander77:
>> I have written one fully-functional(auto-complete etc) IDE
>> already for VS,
>
> you mean a plugin, or? VS itself is the IDE

I mean a plugin (I don't think there is any need to write IDE from beginning)

> btw: the buildin debugger of Studio does not work for D stuff - because of different Debug-Formats, VisualD got support for pdb-files buildin, will also try to come to this state - or just an Editor (which is not an IDE)
>

yes, I know, I had a look at VisualD already

> which programming language does your "IDE" support?
>

it supports Unreal Script (Java-like language), of cause it is not so complex as D.

> Why don't you extend VisualD to your needs - or is there something
> wrong with the curren D source or licence of VisualD?

No, One of the option is to extend VisualD and other one is using Qt Creator as a base for plugin. Only difference that I have experience with writing "Language Packages" for VS and do not experience with writing a plugin for Qt Creator

But what I really want to find out if there is any need in any IDE or people just happy to use a text editor and a command line compiler.
June 21, 2012
A Qt Creator based D IDE would be awesome.

It would have to surpass my Vim D config for me to
actually use it, though.

I don't care about Visual Studio (Windows only),
and Eclipse is way too slow.


June 21, 2012
Le jeudi 21 juin 2012 à 20:57 +0200, Kiith-Sa a écrit :
> A Qt Creator based D IDE would be awesome.
> 
> It would have to surpass my Vim D config for me to
> actually use it, though.
> 
> I don't care about Visual Studio (Windows only),
> and Eclipse is way too slow.
> 
> 
+1 same here now i use geany or vim (with syntatic addons)


June 22, 2012
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM, bioinfornatics <bioinfornatics@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Le jeudi 21 juin 2012 à 20:57 +0200, Kiith-Sa a écrit :
>> A Qt Creator based D IDE would be awesome.
>>
>> It would have to surpass my Vim D config for me to
>> actually use it, though.
>>
>> I don't care about Visual Studio (Windows only),
>> and Eclipse is way too slow.
>>
>>
> +1 same here now i use geany or vim (with syntatic addons)
>
>

Visual Studio has a vim plugin :D
June 22, 2012
On Thursday, 21 June 2012 at 15:39:38 UTC, Alexander77 wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 June 2012 at 15:14:35 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
>> Am 21.06.2012 13:58, schrieb Alexander77:
>>> I have written one fully-functional(auto-complete etc) IDE
>>> already for VS,
>>
>> you mean a plugin, or? VS itself is the IDE
>
> I mean a plugin (I don't think there is any need to write IDE from beginning)
>
>> btw: the buildin debugger of Studio does not work for D stuff - because of different Debug-Formats, VisualD got support for pdb-files buildin, will also try to come to this state - or just an Editor (which is not an IDE)
>>
>
> yes, I know, I had a look at VisualD already
>
>> which programming language does your "IDE" support?
>>
>
> it supports Unreal Script (Java-like language), of cause it is not so complex as D.
>
>> Why don't you extend VisualD to your needs - or is there something
>> wrong with the curren D source or licence of VisualD?
>
> No, One of the option is to extend VisualD and other one is using Qt Creator as a base for plugin. Only difference that I have experience with writing "Language Packages" for VS and do not experience with writing a plugin for Qt Creator
>
> But what I really want to find out if there is any need in any IDE or people just happy to use a text editor and a command line compiler.

Qt Creator is hands down the best IDE I've used for C++ so D support in it would be incredible!

I've never seen a language plugin for it though
June 22, 2012
On Friday, 22 June 2012 at 11:37:51 UTC, Christian Manning wrote:

> I've never seen a language plugin for it though

"
Extend Qt Creator
Even though Qt Creator and Eclipse are different tools written in different programming languages, they still share the approach of adding all the functionality by plugins. So, from that point of view Qt Creator and Eclipse can be seen more as plugin frameworks instead of IDEs.
"

I hope it is possible to do.
June 25, 2012
On Friday, 22 June 2012 at 13:48:03 UTC, Alexander77 wrote:
> On Friday, 22 June 2012 at 11:37:51 UTC, Christian Manning wrote:
>
>> I've never seen a language plugin for it though
>
> "
> Extend Qt Creator
> Even though Qt Creator and Eclipse are different tools written in different programming languages, they still share the approach of adding all the functionality by plugins. So, from that point of view Qt Creator and Eclipse can be seen more as plugin frameworks instead of IDEs.
> "
>
> I hope it is possible to do.

I currently use Mono-D (MonoDevelop addin) and it works really, really good.
Probably I don't need anything else but...

But idea about QtCreator + D is really awesome!
I find QtCreator to be one of the best IDEs I used for C++
July 19, 2012
On Monday, 25 June 2012 at 16:28:36 UTC, nazriel wrote:
> I currently use Mono-D (MonoDevelop addin) and it works really, really good.
> Probably I don't need anything else but...
>
> But idea about QtCreator + D is really awesome!
> I find QtCreator to be one of the best IDEs I used for C++

I've also used Qt Creator for a long time, it's a really great IDE with built-in CMake support and debugger. In addition it is very fast, maybe I can make myself writing a plugin if there are many ppl after it.
1 2 3
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home