View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
February 22, 2006
Helix and CanDyDOC release
Hi all.

I've upload something named Helix recently. Actualy this is two projects. First
is Helix itself - applied mathematics routines library. It's small right now,
but will grow with time.

The second thing is something that I hope will be intresting for biger audience:
CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that provides ability to
generate advanced documentation htmls.

Learn more at http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki and
http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki/CandyDoc

There are few bugs in CanDyDOC and there are not all features I planned to do
are done. So for now CanDyDOC is my first priority. Any ideas and proposals are
welcome in project's forum.

--
Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
nail-mail[at]mail.ru

Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russi
February 22, 2006
Re: Helix and CanDyDOC release
Victor Nakoryakov skrev:

> CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that provides ability to
> generate advanced documentation htmls.

I am really impressed. Nice work!

/Oskar
February 22, 2006
Re: Helix and CanDyDOC release
Im totally amazed.  This is better than any documentation ive ever seen!!

And I love the name!

"Victor Nakoryakov" <Victor_member@pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dti0su$2b9i$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Hi all.
>
> I've upload something named Helix recently. Actualy this is two projects.
First
> is Helix itself - applied mathematics routines library. It's small right
now,
> but will grow with time.
>
> The second thing is something that I hope will be intresting for biger
audience:
> CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that provides ability
to
> generate advanced documentation htmls.
>
> Learn more at http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki and
> http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki/CandyDoc
>
> There are few bugs in CanDyDOC and there are not all features I planned to
do
> are done. So for now CanDyDOC is my first priority. Any ideas and
proposals are
> welcome in project's forum.
>
> --
> Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
> nail-mail[at]mail.ru
>
> Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russi
February 22, 2006
Re: Helix and CanDyDOC release
In article <dti0su$2b9i$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Victor Nakoryakov says...
>
>Hi all.
>
>I've upload something named Helix recently. Actualy this is two projects. First
>is Helix itself - applied mathematics routines library. It's small right now,
>but will grow with time.
>
>The second thing is something that I hope will be intresting for biger audience:
>CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that provides ability to
>generate advanced documentation htmls.
>
>Learn more at http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki and
>http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki/CandyDoc
>
>There are few bugs in CanDyDOC and there are not all features I planned to do
>are done. So for now CanDyDOC is my first priority. Any ideas and proposals are
>welcome in project's forum.
>
>--
>Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
>nail-mail[at]mail.ru
>
>Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russi

Victor, I like the screenshots, and the .ddoc code is really quite
self-explanitory.  Plus your HTML/JS/CSS code is impeccable.  Great Job!

Out of curiosity, do you have any ideas or concepts as how to handle
cross-references within .ddoc generated documentation?  I've traveled all the
way down the XML/XSLT data path from .ddoc to get something hacked together, but
maybe you have a more elegant solution in mind?

- Eric Anderton at yahoo
February 22, 2006
Re: Helix and CanDyDOC release
Victor Nakoryakov wrote:

> Hi all.
> 
> I've upload something named Helix recently. Actualy this is two projects.
> First is Helix itself - applied mathematics routines library. It's small
> right now, but will grow with time.
> 
> The second thing is something that I hope will be intresting for biger
> audience: CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that
> provides ability to generate advanced documentation htmls.
> 
> Learn more at http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki and
> http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki/CandyDoc
> 
> There are few bugs in CanDyDOC and there are not all features I planned to
> do are done. So for now CanDyDOC is my first priority. Any ideas and
> proposals are welcome in project's forum.
> 
> --
> Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
> nail-mail[at]mail.ru
> 
> Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russi


Looks great!  Does it do class dependancy charts and links to type
definitions yet?

~John Demme
February 22, 2006
Re: Helix and CanDyDOC release
pragma wrote:
> In article <dti0su$2b9i$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Victor Nakoryakov says...
> 
>>Hi all.
>>
>>I've upload something named Helix recently. Actualy this is two projects. First
>>is Helix itself - applied mathematics routines library. It's small right now,
>>but will grow with time.
>>
>>The second thing is something that I hope will be intresting for biger audience:
>>CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that provides ability to
>>generate advanced documentation htmls.
>>
>>Learn more at http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki and
>>http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki/CandyDoc
>>
>>There are few bugs in CanDyDOC and there are not all features I planned to do
>>are done. So for now CanDyDOC is my first priority. Any ideas and proposals are
>>welcome in project's forum.
>>
>>--
>>Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
>>nail-mail[at]mail.ru
>>
>>Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russi
> 
> 
> Victor, I like the screenshots, and the .ddoc code is really quite
> self-explanitory.  Plus your HTML/JS/CSS code is impeccable.  Great Job!

Thanx

> Out of curiosity, do you have any ideas or concepts as how to handle
> cross-references within .ddoc generated documentation?  I've traveled all the
> way down the XML/XSLT data path from .ddoc to get something hacked together, but
> maybe you have a more elegant solution in mind?

I have clean vision on how to done something like 'bla bla bla see also 
$(REF mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod)'. It can be acheived with 
some js tricks, and it is planned to done in next versions. Or did you 
mean something else like automatic reference in comments like 'bla bla 
bla see also mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod', if so I have no ideas.

> - Eric Anderton at yahoo

BTW. I think automatic references and decisions are evil. In practice of 
documenting few thouthands lines of code I noticed that in 90% of cases 
I have to prepend words that is the same as currently described 
declaration name with _ to avoid their's highlighting. I think it is 
better to explicitly specify that I want word highlighting with macro or 
with enclosing it in backquotes for example.


-- 
Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
nail-mail [at] mail.ru

Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russia
February 22, 2006
Re: Helix and CanDyDOC release
John Demme wrote:
> Victor Nakoryakov wrote:
> 
> 
>>Hi all.
>>
>>I've upload something named Helix recently. Actualy this is two projects.
>>First is Helix itself - applied mathematics routines library. It's small
>>right now, but will grow with time.
>>
>>The second thing is something that I hope will be intresting for biger
>>audience: CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that
>>provides ability to generate advanced documentation htmls.
>>
>>Learn more at http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki and
>>http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki/CandyDoc
>>
>>There are few bugs in CanDyDOC and there are not all features I planned to
>>do are done. So for now CanDyDOC is my first priority. Any ideas and
>>proposals are welcome in project's forum.
>>
>>--
>>Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
>>nail-mail[at]mail.ru
>>
>>Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russi
> 
> 
> 
> Looks great!  Does it do class dependancy charts

No charts yet. I think class dependancy graphs is some heritage of 
C++/doxygen past, but module dependance charts could be useful, I'll 
think about. Anyway there are foreground tasks, so this thing can be 
done in versions after 1.0 release.

> and links to type
> definitions yet?

Ammm... what did you mean exactly?

> ~John Demme


-- 
Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
nail-mail [at] mail.ru

Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russia
February 22, 2006
Re: Helix and CanDyDOC release
Victor Nakoryakov wrote:
>> Looks great!  Does it do class dependancy charts
> 
> No charts yet. I think class dependancy graphs is some heritage of
> C++/doxygen past, but module dependance charts could be useful, I'll
> think about. Anyway there are foreground tasks, so this thing can be
> done in versions after 1.0 release.
> 
>> and links to type
>> definitions yet?
> 
> Ammm... what did you mean exactly?
> 

Essentially what I'm looking for is the ability to click my way around. 
That is, say you've got the following two classes:

class A
{
}

class B: A
{
       void foo(A bar);
}

In the documentation for class B, I want the text saying that it inherits
from A to be a link to the documentation for A.  In the documentation for
the method foo, I want a link to the documentation for A in the description
of the parameter bar... doxygen does this, and it's infinitely valuable
when looking through the Mango docs.

~John
February 22, 2006
Re: Helix and CanDyDOC release
In article <dtiqmf$alg$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Victor Nakoryakov says...
>
>pragma wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, do you have any ideas or concepts as how to handle
>> cross-references within .ddoc generated documentation?  I've traveled all the
>> way down the XML/XSLT data path from .ddoc to get something hacked together, but
>> maybe you have a more elegant solution in mind?
>
>I have clean vision on how to done something like 'bla bla bla see also 
>$(REF mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod)'. It can be acheived with 
>some js tricks, and it is planned to done in next versions. Or did you 
>mean something else like automatic reference in comments like 'bla bla 
>bla see also mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod', if so I have no ideas.
>
>> - Eric Anderton at yahoo
>
>BTW. I think automatic references and decisions are evil. In practice of 
>documenting few thouthands lines of code I noticed that in 90% of cases 
>I have to prepend words that is the same as currently described 
>declaration name with _ to avoid their's highlighting. I think it is 
>better to explicitly specify that I want word highlighting with macro or 
>with enclosing it in backquotes for example.
>

Actually I was referring to something more like what javadoc output does, where
each platform and user defined type (in method signatures and declarations) is a
link to the referenced type.  I've learned that the ddoc output scheme makes
this a very hard problem to solve, and I was curious if you'd given it any
thought.

- Eric Anderton at yahoo
February 22, 2006
Re: Helix and CanDyDOC release
pragma wrote:
> In article <dtiqmf$alg$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Victor Nakoryakov says...
>> pragma wrote:
>>> Out of curiosity, do you have any ideas or concepts as how to handle
>>> cross-references within .ddoc generated documentation?  I've traveled all the
>>> way down the XML/XSLT data path from .ddoc to get something hacked together, but
>>> maybe you have a more elegant solution in mind?
>> I have clean vision on how to done something like 'bla bla bla see also 
>> $(REF mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod)'. It can be acheived with 
>> some js tricks, and it is planned to done in next versions. Or did you 
>> mean something else like automatic reference in comments like 'bla bla 
>> bla see also mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod', if so I have no ideas.
>>
>>> - Eric Anderton at yahoo
>> BTW. I think automatic references and decisions are evil. In practice of 
>> documenting few thouthands lines of code I noticed that in 90% of cases 
>> I have to prepend words that is the same as currently described 
>> declaration name with _ to avoid their's highlighting. I think it is 
>> better to explicitly specify that I want word highlighting with macro or 
>> with enclosing it in backquotes for example.
>>
> 
> Actually I was referring to something more like what javadoc output does, where
> each platform and user defined type (in method signatures and declarations) is a
> link to the referenced type.  I've learned that the ddoc output scheme makes
> this a very hard problem to solve, and I was curious if you'd given it any
> thought.

Maybe Walter could help here. It's pretty trivial task to do when you
have all the symbol tables, etc. at hand when generating the
documentation code. Otherwise you're going to end up doing a separate
frontend for docs.

-- 
Jari-Matti
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home