S.
Jul 13, 2006
Georg Wrede
Jul 14, 2006
Derek Parnell
Jul 14, 2006
S.
July 13, 2006
I haven't had time to finish this project, and I don't think I will.  The attached file is the start of a struct for manipulating paths, and some classes to foreach over a directory tree.  These are intended for linux.  If somebody wants to pick these up and run with them go for it!  I retain no rights to these modules.

July 13, 2006
S. wrote:
> I haven't had time to finish this project, and I don't think I will.
> The attached file is the start of a struct for manipulating paths,
> and some classes to foreach over a directory tree.  These are
> intended for linux.  If somebody wants to pick these up and run with
> them go for it!  I retain no rights to these modules.

For somebody whose name I haven't seen here before, I have to say, I like the way you write D code.

I'd like to take over, but there are younger and more talented -- and more Linux savvy guys here, to do it better.

----

FOR EVERYBODY ELSE:

I bet there are thousands of guys reading this NG, who haven't made any noise or who haven't submitted code. I bet quite a few of you don't want to do it "because the code should be polished, look like written by some  long time D expert", well commented, or otherwise "better than your own normal code".

I want you guys to know, that the D community is glad to receive even half-written stuff, anytime you feel (like S did) that you don't have the time to "finish" it.

(Be it a single class, a single method, half a module, or just a skeleton of a concept. Or just maybe a part of any of those.)

----

Besides, submitting code, or even fragments of code, is the way to get a permanent plaque in the Hall of Contributors. Compare that to those who have contributed to the syntax, the morale, the direction of development -- none of them will ever get mentioned anywhere, even after half a decade.
July 14, 2006
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:56:54 +0000 (UTC), S. wrote:

> I haven't had time to finish this project, and I don't think I will.  The attached file is the start of a struct for manipulating paths, and some classes to foreach over a directory tree.  These are intended for linux.  If somebody wants to pick these up and run with them go for it!  I retain no rights to these modules.

Nice. I can use this stuff. I'll post it to the Wiki ( http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?PublicCode/DirWalker )to allow access and updates.

-- 
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)
Melbourne, Australia
"Down with mediocrity!"
14/07/2006 11:14:46 AM
July 14, 2006
On 2006-07-13 18:35:10 -0700, Derek Parnell <derek@nomail.afraid.org> said:

> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:56:54 +0000 (UTC), S. wrote:
> 
>> I haven't had time to finish this project, and I don't think I will.  The
>> attached file is the start of a struct for manipulating paths, and some classes
>> to foreach over a directory tree.  These are intended for linux.  If somebody
>> wants to pick these up and run with them go for it!  I retain no rights to these
>> modules.
> 
> Nice. I can use this stuff. I'll post it to the Wiki (
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?PublicCode/DirWalker )to allow
> access and updates.

I made a typo.  I fixed it on your wiki.  The code needs linux.errno.d which I also posted.  Hopefully that makes it into phobos.

-S