View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
November 27, 2006
Re: Using <> for opCmp
Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> 
> Sure is kinda funny when we start using emoticons for operators... ^^
> 

I can't wait to see what kind of functionality can be provided using the 
Homer Simpson operator:

~(_8^(|)

Maybe it can be some sort of exception-handling operator. D'oh!!!

--benji
November 27, 2006
Re: Using <> for opCmp
Benji Smith wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>>
>> Sure is kinda funny when we start using emoticons for operators... ^^
>>
> 
> I can't wait to see what kind of functionality can be provided using the 
> Homer Simpson operator:
> 
> ~(_8^(|)
> 
> Maybe it can be some sort of exception-handling operator. D'oh!!!
> 
> --benji

Oooo, make it a D easter egg?! <g>
November 28, 2006
Re: Using <> for opCmp
Kyle Furlong wrote:
<snip>
> Oooo, make it a D easter egg?! <g>

What's the point of hiding Easter eggs if we've already found them?

Stewart.

-- 
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/M d- s:-@ C++@ a->--- UB@ P+ L E@ W++@ N+++ o K-@ w++@ O? M V? PS- 
PE- Y? PGP- t- 5? X? R b DI? D G e++++ h-- r-- !y
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on 
the 'group where everyone may benefit.
November 28, 2006
Re: Using <> for opCmp
Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> 
>>> Think it was suggested before, but the language wasn't taking in any
>>> more operators at the time ? (The other one was ^^ for logical Xor.)
>>
>> Sure is kinda funny when we start using emoticons for operators... ^^
> 
> Must be getting old (or not around the globe enough), hadn't seen those.
> 
> (You too ? Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verticon for the {^_^} )
> 
> --anders

I don't understand the logic sequence between those two sentences: you 
say you don't know that emoticon, but then you should you do, and ask if 
I don't know the emoticon? ... Huh? Of course I know. Confusion ensues :P )


-- 
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?BrunoMedeiros#D
November 28, 2006
Re: Using <> for opCmp
Bruno Medeiros wrote:

> I don't understand the logic sequence between those two sentences: you 
> say you don't know that emoticon, but then you should you do, and ask if 
> I don't know the emoticon? ... Huh? Of course I know. Confusion ensues :P )

Nah, I meant "if someone else needs to look it up, here's a link".
As in someone reading it other than the original poster, i.e. you.

Sorry for the confusion, it got pasted together...  :-) ^_^ (-:

--anders
November 28, 2006
Re: Using <> for opCmp
Stewart Gordon wrote:
> Kyle Furlong wrote:
> <snip>
>> Oooo, make it a D easter egg?! <g>
> 
> What's the point of hiding Easter eggs if we've already found them?
> 
> Stewart.
> 

We (early adopters) hide easter eggs for the new converts of 1.0 and beyond.
Next ›   Last »
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home