December 15, 2006
> Unfortunately, it seems to default[1] to all 'X' columns having the same width.

The package 'tabulary' seems to do some weighting between column sizes. It does not work with \replicate either though.

> Is there any way to expand this before it's seen by the tabularx environment?

Probably, but I don't know how. It only seems to work as a column specifier for the native tabular and tabular* environments. Even just using the newer ones from array.sty results in this error.

Christian
December 15, 2006
> Is there any way to expand this before it's seen by the tabularx environment?

I found it! (in the documentation of array.sty)

*{N}{string} is expanded to n-times string, so |*{3}{L|} works for the table of types when using tabulary.

Finally! :)
Christian
December 15, 2006
Thanks all for the help! I'm no TeX grue, I just use the stuff. I'll be trying the stuff posted soon.

BTW I have about 15 files converted to DDoc but a little more than half of them need find/replace tweaking to escape things like "size_t" -> "size\_t". Anyway, things progress!
December 15, 2006
BCS wrote:
> Thanks all for the help! I'm no TeX grue, I just use the stuff. I'll be trying the stuff posted soon.

I've updated my tabularx code to use tabulary, result is attached. I've also made tables with lines, but it seems tabulary doesn't work quite right with \texttt in a column; the two longest items in type.d's first table get a line through the last character :(.

I used a bit of a hack to get horizontal lines to work right. This was
needed because my TD macro appends a & at the end of the text, so an
extra column needs to be generated. The TABLE macro now (re)defines
\horizline to \cline{1-$1}, i.e. a horizontal line over the first N
columns. TR then executes this command.
BUG: this probably breaks nested tables unless they use the same number
of columns :(.

> BTW I have about 15 files converted to DDoc but a little more than half of them need find/replace tweaking to escape things like "size_t" -> "size\_t". Anyway, things progress!

Yeah, I imagine that automatic sed-like replacement you proposed to Walter would be quite handy there...


December 15, 2006
version latest

http://www.uidaho.edu/~shro8822/ddoc.zip

Include about 15 converted files. tex.ddoc doesn't (yet) contain Frits van Bommel's work. I'll probably merge that in latter. There is an updated doc.ddoc that has some macros added to make the HTML version work.

WARNING: the makefile works (on Linux) but more than half of the .tex files won't work because of un-escaped special characters
December 16, 2006

There is a HTML to LaTeX utility in sourceforge...

HTML to LaTeX

http://sourceforge.net/projects/htmltolatex/

-- 
Remove 'wants' and 'nospam' from e-mail.
December 17, 2006
Steve Horne Wrote:
> 
> 
> There is a HTML to LaTeX utility in sourceforge...
> 

While that would get a PDF version of the /web page/, what I (and I think others) are trying to get is a PDF version of the /D documentation/.
Next ›   Last »
1 2 3
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home