Mar 04, 2007
Barry Carr
Mar 04, 2007
Jascha Wetzel
Mar 05, 2007
Barry Carr
March 04, 2007
Hi,

I'm having problems getting ddbg 0.0.3 to work with Code::Blocks. I'm pretty sure its because CB is issuing the command to ddbg_dbe.exe incorrectly. On my machine the command to launch the debugger is as follows:

C:\dmd\bin\ddbg_dbg.exe -nx -fullname  -quiet -args bin/Debug/Debugger_Test.exe

And, of course, ddbg is reporting:

Error: -nx: The system cannot find the file specified.

as CB is writing the command line switches before the target filename, which from what I've seen of ddbg docs, is wrong. Is there a way of telling CB how to format the command that launches the debugger? I've had a look around in CB but I can't see anything obvious. Thanks

Cheers
Barry Carr
March 04, 2007
the exe filename has to contain "gdb" to switch the CLI from Ddbg syntax
to GDB syntax, which is needed by CB.
if your exe filename really is "ddbg_dbg.exe", then that is probably the
problem.

Barry Carr wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'm having problems getting ddbg 0.0.3 to work with Code::Blocks. I'm pretty sure its because CB is issuing the command to ddbg_dbe.exe incorrectly. On my machine the command to launch the debugger is as follows:
> 
> C:\dmd\bin\ddbg_dbg.exe -nx -fullname  -quiet -args bin/Debug/Debugger_Test.exe
> 
> And, of course, ddbg is reporting:
> 
> Error: -nx: The system cannot find the file specified.
> 
> as CB is writing the command line switches before the target filename, which from what I've seen of ddbg docs, is wrong. Is there a way of telling CB how to format the command that launches the debugger? I've had a look around in CB but I can't see anything obvious. Thanks
> 
> Cheers
> Barry Carr
March 05, 2007
Hi Jascha,

You're right, I did mis-renamed the .exe. Thanks for that, I thought I must have done something stupid.

Cheers
Barry