August 14, 2007
Yup, command line too.

C:\projects\nsdata\bin\Debug>ddbg sps2nsd.exe
Ddbg 0.10 beta - D Debugger
Copyright (c) 2007 Jascha Wetzel
see http://ddbg.mainia.de/doc.html for documentation

Loading symbols from sps2nsd.exe
->bp c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd\nsd.d:1361
Soure file "c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd\nsd.d" not found
->^C

C:\projects\nsdata\bin\Debug>dir c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd\nsd.d
 Volume in drive C is Partition_1
 Volume Serial Number is 047C-6206

 Directory of c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd

14.08.2007  15:24            37 902 nsd.d
               1 File(s)         37 902 bytes
               0 Dir(s)     804 540 416 bytes free



"Jascha Wetzel" <"[firstname]"@mainia.de> wrote in message news:f9s52g$8mo$1@digitalmars.com...
> Simen Haugen wrote:
>> I have also been having problems with this, but now I'm getting another
>> error using ddbg 0.10, descent 0.4, rebuild 0.70 and dmd 1.020
>> ->Soure file "C:\projects\nsd\src\nsd.d" not found
>>
>> Everything was working perfectly, but suddenly it stopped working. I've been debugging this project before, but after writing more code (no more files or anything) it just couldn't find the files anymore.
>>
>> The strange thing is that it is not happening for all the files in the project, just a couple of them...
>
> does that problem also occur when you debug the program on the command line?


August 14, 2007
The problem seems to be with ddbg.

Btw, Descent is great!
I was using Code::Blocks for some time before, but it was crashing
sometimes, other times it seemed the parser hung (didn't help with restart).
The symbol browser didn't work nice. No rebuild support. Highlighting was
outdated. Probably a lot of other things I can't remember right now too.

"Ary Manzana" <ary@esperanto.org.ar> wrote in message news:f9s6ah$h4q$1@digitalmars.com...
> Can you send me the source code, or at least the hierarchy of the project with stub functions? That way we'll see if it's a problem with ddbg or with Descent.
>
> Simen Haugen wrote:
>> I have also been having problems with this, but now I'm getting another
>> error using ddbg 0.10, descent 0.4, rebuild 0.70 and dmd 1.020
>> ->Soure file "C:\projects\nsd\src\nsd.d" not found
>>
>> Everything was working perfectly, but suddenly it stopped working. I've been debugging this project before, but after writing more code (no more files or anything) it just couldn't find the files anymore.
>>
>> The strange thing is that it is not happening for all the files in the project, just a couple of them...
>>
>>
>> "Bill Baxter" <dnewsgroup@billbaxter.com> wrote in message news:f3fpmd$2iis$1@digitalmars.com...
>>> I ran into a problem the other day where ddbg 0.8.1 was telling me that it couldn't find line xxx of file yyy.  But it knew there was a file yyy.  It listed it in the modules list.
>>>
>>> Don't have time to narrow it down to a repro right now, but just wanted to see if anyone else had seen this.  The source file in question was called OptMesh.d and I was running the debugger from a \data directory beneath that.  It was finding the other files fine, so my thought was maybe there's a bug with mixed case filenames.  The files that were working were all lowercase.  Maybe just a coincidence, though.
>>>
>>> --bb


August 14, 2007
Simen Haugen wrote:
> Yup, command line too.
> 
> C:\projects\nsdata\bin\Debug>ddbg sps2nsd.exe
> Ddbg 0.10 beta - D Debugger
> Copyright (c) 2007 Jascha Wetzel
> see http://ddbg.mainia.de/doc.html for documentation
> 
> Loading symbols from sps2nsd.exe
> ->bp c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd\nsd.d:1361
> Soure file "c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd\nsd.d" not found
> ->^C
> 
> C:\projects\nsdata\bin\Debug>dir c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd\nsd.d
>  Volume in drive C is Partition_1
>  Volume Serial Number is 047C-6206
> 
>  Directory of c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd
> 
> 14.08.2007  15:24            37 902 nsd.d
>                1 File(s)         37 902 bytes
>                0 Dir(s)     804 540 416 bytes free

ddbg doesn't support absolute filenames, atm.
use lsm to list the source modules as they are saved in the executable and use these names (or substrings of them) to set the breakpoints.
in order to find the (relative) source module paths, you need to set the search path.
assuming you compiled in c:\projects\nsdata\ and you're executing in c:\projects\nsdata\bin\Debug the following should work:
sp ..\..
bp src\nsd\nsd.d:1361

or, as a shortcut:
bp nsd.d:1361
August 14, 2007
Simen Haugen wrote:
> The problem seems to be with ddbg.

if descent is issuing absolute filenames to ddbg, it's also a descent problem - it shouldn't.
August 14, 2007
It worked using the path from lsm. Descent outputs the full pathname when as I printed on the command line.


"Jascha Wetzel" <"[firstname]"@mainia.de> wrote in message news:f9scg4$1iv3$1@digitalmars.com...
> Simen Haugen wrote:
>> The problem seems to be with ddbg.
>
> if descent is issuing absolute filenames to ddbg, it's also a descent problem - it shouldn't.


August 14, 2007
Simen Haugen wrote:
> It worked using the path from lsm. Descent outputs the full pathname when as I printed on the command line.

k, i added it in the hints section of the documentation:
http://ddbg.mainia.de/doc.html#hints
August 14, 2007
Jascha Wetzel wrote:
> Simen Haugen wrote:
>> The problem seems to be with ddbg.
> 
> if descent is issuing absolute filenames to ddbg, it's also a descent problem - it shouldn't.

Ok, I'll fix that and try to release a patch as soon as possible.
August 14, 2007
Jascha Wetzel escribió:
> Simen Haugen wrote:
>> Yup, command line too.
>>
>> C:\projects\nsdata\bin\Debug>ddbg sps2nsd.exe
>> Ddbg 0.10 beta - D Debugger
>> Copyright (c) 2007 Jascha Wetzel
>> see http://ddbg.mainia.de/doc.html for documentation
>>
>> Loading symbols from sps2nsd.exe
>> ->bp c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd\nsd.d:1361
>> Soure file "c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd\nsd.d" not found
>> ->^C
>>
>> C:\projects\nsdata\bin\Debug>dir c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd\nsd.d
>>  Volume in drive C is Partition_1
>>  Volume Serial Number is 047C-6206
>>
>>  Directory of c:\projects\nsdata\src\nsd
>>
>> 14.08.2007  15:24            37 902 nsd.d
>>                1 File(s)         37 902 bytes
>>                0 Dir(s)     804 540 416 bytes free
> 
> ddbg doesn't support absolute filenames, atm.

Will ddbg support it in the future? The easiest way from a "front-end to ddbg" point is to just configure the source paths, pass the absoulte filename, and let ddbg figure the relative path. Otherwise all front-ends will end up having this algorithm (duplicated) instead of having it in one place (the debugger).

Also from a command-line point this is useful: instead of having the user "calculate" the relative path, she could copy the absoulte path and let ddbg figure it out.
August 14, 2007
Ary Manzana wrote:
> Will ddbg support it in the future? The easiest way from a "front-end to ddbg" point is to just configure the source paths, pass the absoulte filename, and let ddbg figure the relative path. Otherwise all front-ends will end up having this algorithm (duplicated) instead of having it in one place (the debugger).
> 
> Also from a command-line point this is useful: instead of having the user "calculate" the relative path, she could copy the absoulte path and let ddbg figure it out.

i have that on my todo list for the next release.
August 14, 2007
Jascha Wetzel escribió:
> Ary Manzana wrote:
>> Will ddbg support it in the future? The easiest way from a "front-end to ddbg" point is to just configure the source paths, pass the absoulte filename, and let ddbg figure the relative path. Otherwise all front-ends will end up having this algorithm (duplicated) instead of having it in one place (the debugger).
>>
>> Also from a command-line point this is useful: instead of having the user "calculate" the relative path, she could copy the absoulte path and let ddbg figure it out.
> 
> i have that on my todo list for the next release.

Sweet, thanks! I was about to add a ticket to Descent, but... ;-)
Next ›   Last »
1 2
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home